woodgun, remote green light

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mark123

Jan 27, 2009
PEI, Canada
Has anyone ever wired in a remote green light, I find everytime I go down to fill it at night it is up near the operating limit >200 and the timer won't turn the fan on. If I had a remote little green light in my living room I would know when it is running and reloadable. Could I just run a parallel circuit from the base of the green light with some light 22 gauge wire and wire it to a small LED indicator upstairs.

Do you have another aquastat on the back of the boiler? If you do, like mine E100, you could try and turn down the aquastat on the back of the boiler to 190. Does not really need to be higher than that. It would then turn off at the cooler temp. Then you could use the timer to turn it on because the limit on the aquastat on top of the boiler is 200 or 210. I have not tried wiring in a remote light.

I agree, turn down the setting. I also find there is less smoke escape when using the purge timer to start the fan as compared to loading mid burn.

I've thought of the same thing. Luckily mine is in the garage (which shares a common wall to my home office)and I can hear the hum when it turns on.
Also I can see the unit through the window into to the side door of the garage. But I still want a light inside. Maybe in my bedroom, and the living room. I also want to have an indicator light for when each zone circ pump is running.
I think the green light can be done like you said. and I think I just need to tap power from the circ pumps as well.

Turning down the rear a-stat will make for a wider "spread" of on/off cycling and possibly make restarts slower or not at all. I think the remote green light is a simple solution as you have described. I think that AHS wants a 15 or 20 deg spread between on/off.

Status
Not open for further replies.