Woodmaster blower fan replacement

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

runningmike

Aug 12, 2008
Adirondacks
What do you figure the proper replacement cycle is for a WM 4400 blower fan? I have replaced mine about once a year since 2008. Is this normal...perhaps I have an 'issue'?
What do you suppose would happen if I replaced my blower with a higher volume fan? I'm thinking shorter heat-up times, perhaps less electric used (Assuming the fit was the same, of course)

Thanks!
Mike

I own a WM 3300 and heat with it 7 1/2 months of the year. Had it now going on five years. Only replaced the forced draft fan once on the unit. Then it was replaced under warranty by the dealer. I have the dealer come every June to summerize it for $89.00. The third year he replaced the fan no charge. Said they're having problems with them.

My husband just changed the motor/blower on our WM 4400. There is still a problem with ventilation. I went to put wood in it and the thermostat was at 124 and blinking LA and the blower was working. I closed the fan's switch and open the door and realized that the wood that I’m put in last night wasn’t burnt and suddenly the wood caught on fire and the fire came out of the door.
What would you recommend/advice us to do because I know somethings wrong with that WM?