WooHoo!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

EarlyMan

Jun 7, 2011
Scarborough, Maine
Hi Guys -

Well, it looks like the pellet wars might have begun! 2 weeks ago my local Lowes was selling Greene Team for $5.59 a bag pick up. That's only 4 cents less per bag than I paid for my Okies delivered. I thought, forget that. Then, the local Tractor Supply put on their sign that they were taking pre season orders. I didn't check what they were selling or what they were charging; however, it must have caught Lowes' attention, because when I dropped by today, they had Greene Team for $3.94 per bag. That's $197.00/ton! I picked up 10 bags on the spot; will be going back with a trailer for another ton tomorrow. Oink, Oink!

EarlyMan

EarlyMan said:
Hi Guys -

Well, it looks like the pellet wars might have begun! 2 weeks ago my local Lowes was selling Greene Team for $5.59 a bag pick up. That's only 4 cents less per bag than I paid for my Okies delivered. I thought, forget that. Then, the local Tractor Supply put on their sign that they were taking pre season orders. I didn't check what they were selling or what they were charging; however, it must have caught Lowes' attention, because when I dropped by today, they had Greene Team for $3.94 per bag. That's $197.00/ton! I picked up 10 bags on the spot; will be going back with a trailer for another ton tomorrow. Oink, Oink!

EarlyMan

Good news!

Still waiting here for Lowes and HD to get some in stock!! Our Lowes said they may get some in a couple weeks today!!!

EarlyMan said:
Hi Guys -

EarlyMan

Yep, my local Lowes has their pellets on sale for $197 also.

The simple fact that they had pellets in stock 1 1/2 weeks ago must have woken someone up across the street at Home Depot.....they suddenly had Stove Chow arrive and it's going for $197 also.

My local lowes doesn't even have pellets yet..

Hank Hill said:
My local lowes doesn't even have pellets yet..

Mine does not either. No-one really does until Oct around here. Unless you got to Stove Shop or Menards.

Picked up my 4 tons for the winter at tractor supply this weekend. 214 ton for Green team and there going to hold them till oct 1st.

Flammam said:
Picked up my 4 tons for the winter at tractor supply this weekend. 214 ton for Green team and there going to hold them till oct 1st.
Are they going to hold them sitting out in a hot parking lot? Pellets kept outside, not undercover, are at high risk of not being a bargain by October. Way too many times we hear of good brands of pellets having odors, and not giving the anticipated heat. Culprit "may" be the way they were in storage. I get my pellets from a supplier who gets his shipments in weekly and keeps them inside a warehouse. Bought them 3 times with good luck each time.

Tractor supply has a save $25/ton coupon that expires on Monday. Thats 214 minus 25 = 190, and they will hold the order until 10/1 with 20% down.

imacman said:
EarlyMan said:
Hi Guys -

EarlyMan

Yep, my local Lowes has their pellets on sale for $197 also.

The simple fact that they had pellets in stock 1 1/2 weeks ago must have woken someone up across the street at Home Depot.....they suddenly had Stove Chow arrive and it's going for $197 also.

Stove Chow in N Syracuse on rt 11 for 197 a ton. I may not even bother to sell wood pellets until I see the big box stores running out this year.

Are they going to hold them sitting out in a hot parking lot? Pellets kept outside, not undercover, are at high risk of not being a bargain by October. Way too many times we hear of good brands of pellets having odors, and not giving the anticipated heat. Culprit “may†be the way they were in storage. I get my pellets from a supplier who gets his shipments in weekly and keeps them inside a warehouse. Bought them 3 times with good luck each time.

are you talking about sib in jay???
i ordered 3 tons there and they will deliver friday...stored inside...mwp...214/ton..

paul2e said:
Tractor supply has a save $25/ton coupon that expires on Monday. Thats 214 minus 25 = 190, and they will hold the order until 10/1 with 20% down.

Maybe not. I put 2 ton on layaway a couple weeks ago. Went round with the woman till I saw the fine print on the display. $214.50 is with the $25 off. That is the ton discount and the early buy discount. Kept ignoring the young girl that kept telling us there were 45 bags in a ton. (because she counted 45 bags on the display pallet.)

Flammam said:

This kills me every year. Green Team is made 50 miles from me and I can rarely get them. Most are shipped east, and I happen to be west. Caught 2 ton last year of the Green Supreme (I think that's the name) and were the best I ever burned. No retail at factory.

roadking88 said:
Are they going to hold them sitting out in a hot parking lot? Pellets kept outside, not undercover, are at high risk of not being a bargain by October. Way too many times we hear of good brands of pellets having odors, and not giving the anticipated heat. Culprit “may†be the way they were in storage. I get my pellets from a supplier who gets his shipments in weekly and keeps them inside a warehouse. Bought them 3 times with good luck each time.

are you talking about sib in jay???
i ordered 3 tons there and they will deliver friday...stored inside...mwp...214/ton..

Sib is the place. You might get the owner himself with the delivery. Nice person.

Status
Not open for further replies.