Work Done Today

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

thewoodlands

Minister of Fire
Aug 25, 2009
In The Woods
When I headed back in it was -8, I headed back and winched down two hard maple plus one pine. The sugar maples were easy but the pine was stubborn so I had to get on the rhino pretty good until it came down. The pine I had to throw a rope over then hook up the winch cable to the rope and pull the rope and the winch cable around the pine so I could winch it down,attached are some pictures.

The first two pictures are the sugar maple,the next three pictures are the pine,2508 is the rhino after having to get on it so the pine would come down,2509 is some rounds from the first sugar maple winched down,2510 is another small sugar maple cut the winched down and 2511 is a small load of sugar maple heading home.

zap

Attachments

• 100_2503.jpg
    100_2503.jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 299
  • 100_2504.jpg
    100_2504.jpg
    78.4 KB · Views: 307
  • 100_2505.jpg
    100_2505.jpg
    101.4 KB · Views: 299
  • 100_2506.jpg
    100_2506.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 316
  • 100_2507.jpg
    100_2507.jpg
    132.6 KB · Views: 315
  • 100_2508.jpg
    100_2508.jpg
    69.1 KB · Views: 309
  • 100_2510.jpg
    100_2510.jpg
    103.3 KB · Views: 299
  • 100_2511.jpg
    100_2511.jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 337
Pic's are awesome....Little snow and your place just lights up!

smokinjay said:

I still have to go back and fell the main trunk of the first sugar maple I winched down. I want to get a rope on it so the wife will have to come back when I do it.

Warmed up to 13 degrees so it was nice today.

zap

zapny said:
smokinjay said:

I still have to go back and fell the main trunk of the first sugar maple I winched down. I want to get a rope on it so the wife will have to come back when I do it.

zap

I have 17 and the gas furnace is down. Pure firewood.

smokinjay said:
zapny said:
smokinjay said:

zap

I have 17 and the gas furnace is down. Pure firewood.

All wood here also, last oil delivery was Jan. 09 and we still have 3/4 of a tank.

zap

Good show Zap and nice pics of your winter wonderland. I went outside to stack and thought better of it after an hour.

Good work on a cold day Zap.

I went in back about 1/2 hour ago because the guys came that are taking out some of our ash. It was still below zero and I just did not fell like standing around talking! When I left, they were building a fire and I don't blame them a bit.

Backwoods Savage said:
Good work on a cold day Zap.

I went in back about 1/2 hour ago because the guys came that are taking out some of our ash. It was still below zero and I just did not fell like standing around talking! When I left, they were building a fire and I don't blame them a bit.

Sav when I made my second run back in the fingers started to get cold so I put a new hand warmer in which was good until I decided on dropping a topped off sugar maple then the fingers seemed colder so I called it a day.

Zap

Attachments

• 100_2521.jpg
    100_2521.jpg
    113.3 KB · Views: 194
Those are great.Used them on jobsites for years.When I finally get that big Husky I'm slowly saving for,it has heated handles.

Thistle said:
Those are great.Used them on jobsites for years.When I finally get that big Husky I'm slowly saving for,it has heated handles.

Heated handles that would be great. I buy the hand warmers at our local bait shop.

zap

zapny said:
Thistle said:

Heated handles that would be great. I buy the hand warmers at our local bait shop.

zap

Mad men!

Jay, that is what you need. I was not aware just how good those heated things were until I got the atv with heated hand grips. I absolutely love them! It was funny last week when I was at a neighbor's place. We were monkeying around with the winch so I had the key on and forgot. Before I left he took the atv for a ride as he had not rode it yet. The very first thing was he took hold of the grips and they were pretty warm as I had it on high and the key had been on. He could not believe how warm they were! Now I think he will be getting some for his! I might also think about the heated saw with the next one.

They really make a difference. I can bundle up & look like the Michelin Man to stay warm,but once my hands & feet get cold (or wet),I'm done.Have 2 pair of insulated Carhartt coveralls,but its harder for me to move around in them.Prefer wearing insulated bibs,with hooded sweatshirts underneath.Easier for arm movement when swinging the axe or maul

Backwoods Savage said:
Jay, that is what you need. I was not aware just how good those heated things were until I got the atv with heated hand grips. I absolutely love them! It was funny last week when I was at a neighbor's place. We were monkeying around with the winch so I had the key on and forgot. Before I left he took the atv for a ride as he had not rode it yet. The very first thing was he took hold of the grips and they were pretty warm as I had it on high and the key had been on. He could not believe how warm they were! Now I think he will be getting some for his! I might also think about the heated saw with the next one.

Mad Men I tell you! I will wait till the 20's are back in town....lol

Status
Not open for further replies.