Work Done Today

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

thewoodlands

Minister of Fire
Aug 25, 2009
In The Woods
Took the splitter and finished splitting the sugar maple I bucked up last weekend then split the sugar maple we brought down last week and added it to the wood we plan on burning this heating season.

Attached are some pictures.

gibir

Attachments

• 100_3426.jpg
    100_3426.jpg
    109.2 KB · Views: 358
  • 100_3427.jpg
    100_3427.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 367
  • 100_3434.jpg
    100_3434.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 387
  • 100_3435.jpg
    100_3435.jpg
    137.1 KB · Views: 370
  • 100_3438.jpg
    100_3438.jpg
    113.9 KB · Views: 373
  • 100_3440.jpg
    100_3440.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 341
  • 100_3443.jpg
    100_3443.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 339
:coolsmile: Lookin' good Zap

Thistle said:
:coolsmile: Lookin' good Zap

Thanks Thistle, I'll put the moisture meter on sugar maple that was hung up for a couple of years tonight then again at the end of July since I stacked it in this years wood.

gibir

Zap.....Your a machine! :lol:

How much is cut/split/stacked now?

It seems you are always going at it?

Cheers,Hiram

loon said:
8 billion degrees over here Zap ;-P looks like a great day for ya :)

loon

I think we made the mid 80's but we had a nice breeze... still a hot one.

gibir

Hang on Zap. It will get hotter....

Backwoods Savage said:

Ok Sav... enough of that!

gibir

Attachments

• 400x266_07110811_0711_monrftemps.jpg
    400x266_07110811_0711_monrftemps.jpg
    29.3 KB · Views: 272
Yeah, you see right where Iowa, Missouri, and Illinois meet? Right in that 110 spot? I can confirm those heat index temps firsthand, and today isn't looking any better.

Danno77 said:
Yeah, you see right where Iowa, Missouri, and Illinois meet? Right in that 110 spot? I can confirm those heat index temps firsthand, and today isn't looking any better.

Danno77; only 87 here which makes nice stacking weather.

gibir

double post, deleted.

Backwoods Savage said:

Sav, the MTD started up on the first pull, can't remember the last time I used it.

gibir

Zap, I've noticed the same thing with our splitter. Right now it is in the barn and won't get used until next spring. I expect it to start on the first pull as it usually does. I like that a lot! Pulling on starter ropes is not fun.

zapny said:
I'll put the moisture meter on sugar maple that was hung up for a couple of years tonight then again at the end of July since I stacked it in this years wood.
Yeah, I wondered about that when you first said you were stacking the Sugar with this year's wood. Sounds like you're pretty confident that it'll be good to go. Have you found that dead Sugar has dried pretty fast for you? What MC did you get on this one, if you've had a chance to put the meter on it yet? I've got a Sugar score coming through today, and if I could burn at least some of it this Winter, that would be cool.

Zap, you might want to change your signature soon............

If it's down, buck it when it cools off a bit ;-)

Woody Stover said:
zapny said:
I'll put the moisture meter on sugar maple that was hung up for a couple of years tonight then again at the end of July since I stacked it in this years wood.
Yeah, I wondered about that when you first said you were stacking the Sugar with this year's wood. Sounds like you're pretty confident that it'll be good to go. Have you found that dead Sugar has dried pretty fast for you? What MC did you get on this one, if you've had a chance to put the meter on it yet? I've got a Sugar score coming through today, and if I could burn at least some of it this Winter, that would be cool.

We had some rain last night so the next dry stretch I'll take another reading (first reading was 27-30 percent). Since this was up in the air and dead for two years I'm expecting under 20 percent when we bring it in depending on how the rest of the summer goes.

Plenty of seasoned wood we can use from 4 - 1 year in the stacks our else I never would've put it in this years wood.

gibir

Status
Not open for further replies.