Work Done Today

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

thewoodlands

Minister of Fire
Aug 25, 2009
In The Woods
Decided I would finish off this rack (two loads) with more beech,sugar maple and red maple. After last night with some good winds we decided to take a run around the trails on the low side, not one tree down across the trail or in the woods we could see.

zap

Attachments

• 100_4114.jpg
    100_4114.jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 352
  • 100_4115.jpg
    100_4115.jpg
    243.5 KB · Views: 344
  • 100_4116.jpg
    100_4116.jpg
    172.6 KB · Views: 351
  • 100_4117.jpg
    100_4117.jpg
    169.7 KB · Views: 380
Very nice! You will be set. I know this is not advised, but pine needles and cones are good for getting some heat on smaller kindling during firestarting. Looks like you have no shortage.

Looks awsome as usual!

gd9704, I'll be happier when that area is full, thanks.

firecracker_77, my neighbor will use pine cones but not the needles.

FireAnt thanks. I'll be glad when we get rid of this rain, what have you been up to?

zap

I almost feel bad for any trees that fall on zap's property. Guy must have 'spider-sense' for leaners too. lol

I'm just jealous.

MasterMech said:
I almost feel bad for any trees that fall on zap's property. Guy must have 'spider-sense' for leaners too. lol

I'm just jealous.

MasterMech, I just try and get them (leaners) before they hit the ground. Since we plan on building a small cabin next year sometime I'm looking to grab another three cord, we have another 6-9 Cherry that need some attention.

zap

Looks good ZAP! Now it is time to take a break and have a beer, or 5. Are you a football fan? Or are you watching baseball this time of year? Or both?

FireAnt thanks. I'll be glad when we get rid of this rain, what have you been up to?

zap[/quote]

We are going to get hammered by rain tomorrow... 50mph winds 1-3 inches of rain. I am finally getting back to cutting and splitting for next year and later. So much snow in the winter couldn't get to it and the summer here was HOT! Only got a few days in and decided to swim and wait for the fall. I am finishing up stoning my fireplace and getting wood stacked at my house. Pics to come later. Looks like you kept busy!

Gasifier said:
Looks good ZAP! Now it is time to take a break and have a beer, or 5. Are you a football fan? Or are you watching baseball this time of year? Or both?

Gasifier, I am a football fan but not watching it yet and I have been watching some baseball. If I can get another three or four cord cut I might sell some next year which will help with the taxes or go towards building the cabin.

Gasifier I'm not much on beer anymore, just a few NA's once in a blue moon.

Thanks
Zap

FireAnt said:

zap

We are going to get hammered by rain tomorrow... 50mph winds 1-3 inches of rain. I am finally getting back to cutting and splitting for next year and later. So much snow in the winter couldn't get to it and the summer here was HOT! Only got a few days in and decided to swim and wait for the fall. I am finishing up stoning my fireplace and getting wood stacked at my house. Pics to come later. Looks like you kept busy![/quote]

FireAnt, I'm looking forward to the pictures.

zap

Status
Not open for further replies.