Work for Saturday

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

thewoodlands

Minister of Fire
Aug 25, 2009
In The Woods
Last week I grabbed one uprooted Cherry so this Saturday I'll grab this Beech which is across the swamp road on the side hill and if things go well then on Sunday I'll grab this second Beech.

The first two pictures are the Beech for Saturday and the next two pics will be the Beech for Sunday.

GIBIR

Attachments

• 100_2856.jpg
    100_2856.jpg
    319.7 KB · Views: 420
  • 100_2857-1.jpg
    100_2857-1.jpg
    127.9 KB · Views: 422
  • 100_2793.jpg
    100_2793.jpg
    156.2 KB · Views: 427
  • 100_2795.jpg
    100_2795.jpg
    151.1 KB · Views: 404
Some mighty fine looking lumber there! Enjoy your day in the woods!

Is this with the 660? Your other bars will fit. Nothing like a 660 and a 20 inch bar!

Looks like you have your work cut out for you this weekend.

Looks like a perfect weekend for it Zap. Enjoy them beeches.

I think thats too many beeches for one man to handle , have fun and be safe

smokinjay said:
Is this with the 660? Your other bars will fit. Nothing like a 660 and a 20 inch bar!

Smokin it won't be with the 660 yet (the 390 or 310 will be fine), we did the deal but they had to order the 36 inch bar so I'm thinking next week. I also will be getting the ez rails plus the mill through our local shop but need to stop by Friday afternoon and see what they came up with.

GIBIR

Remkel said:

Remkel, love burning the Beech & Sugar Maple especially when mother nature puts it on the ground for you.

GIBIR

certified106 said:

certified106, I think this Beech will be easier than the Cherry last week. Tonight I start restacking some Cherry so we have room for this Beech and hopefully I'll be done restacking Friday night.

GIBIR

loon said:
hope ya have a fun weekend coming up zap ;-) and the weather is supposed to co-operate..

loon

Loon we have had some crazy weather, we still have chunks of snow/ice coming down from the mountains on the Raquette River.

GIBIR

zapny said:
certified106 said:

certified106, I think this Beech will be easier than the Cherry last week. Tonight I start restacking some Cherry so we have room for this Beech and hopefully I'll be done restacking Friday night.

GIBIR

I just wish it would dry up enough to get the tractor out in the woods without leaving ruts around here.
Question for you do you use your winch much for dragging trees up off of a bank? I was thinking of rigging up a winch on the front of my kubota but wasn't sure how effective it would be.

SolarAndWood said:
Looks like a perfect weekend for it Zap. Enjoy them beeches.

SolarAndWood I hope it stays that way , I would like to start cutting during the week if the weather stays nice so we can enjoy some of the beaches.

GIBIR

shouldntbesocomplicated said:
I think thats too many beeches for one man to handle , have fun and be safe

shouldntbesocomplicated, never enough beech on the ground and yes we (wife) actually talked about working safe this morning over coffee.

GIBIR

Hopefully those beaches will get out of your neighbors yards and back where they belong sometime soon.

SolarAndWood said:
Hopefully those beaches will get out of your neighbors yards and back where they belong sometime soon.

They say it will be another 5-7 days of high water, so much lost in this flood but you can always recover from this.

GIBIR

zapny said:
smokinjay said:

Smokin it won't be with the 660 yet (the 390 or 310 will be fine), we did the deal but they had to order the 36 inch bar so I'm thinking next week. I also will be getting the ez rails plus the mill through our local shop but need to stop by Friday afternoon and see what they came up with.

GIBIR

Going to put a whole new spin on your place.....I see cabins in the future! Be Zap's compound........

smokinjay said:
zapny said:
smokinjay said:

GIBIR

Going to put a whole new spin on your place.....I see cabins in the future! Be Zap's compound........

Smokin you have that right, the wife would like one up top and another one down bottom. Simple but something big enough we could sleep in if we wanted.

GIBIR

zapny said:
smokinjay said:
zapny said:
smokinjay said:

GIBIR

Smokin you have that right, the wife would like one up top and another one down bottom. Simple but something big enough we could sleep in if we wanted.

GIBIR

Floor and a small wood burner, your going to have lots of company! lol It will change the fill of your place for the better like a weekend vacation HOT Spot. (file to big for that address)

Smokin just called the Woodchop Shop and he does have the 660 in so Friday afternoon I'll be picking it up minus the 36 inch bar, so I'll be putting the 20 inch bar on it after all.

GIBIR

zapny said:
Smokin just called the Woodchop Shop and he does have the 660 in so Friday afternoon I'll be picking it up minus the 36 inch bar, so I'll be putting the 20 inch bar on it after all.

GIBIR

NOW YOUR TALKING! LEE Style!

zapny said:
Remkel said:

Remkel, love burning the Beech & Sugar Maple especially when mother nature puts it on the ground for you.

GIBIR

Also love burning the oak, birch or cherry if mother nature puts it on the ground for you- although I am not opposed to putting it on the ground myself :)

[quote author="loon" date="1304657286"]all this beech talk got me thinking :cheese:

I think I saw her at our private beech in the woods.

GIBIR

Attachments

• 100_2893.jpg
    100_2893.jpg
    400 KB · Views: 145
If she falls in the woods and there is no one there to hear it, how many men will come running?

Status
Not open for further replies.