Work for Saturday

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

thewoodlands

Minister of Fire
Aug 25, 2009
In The Woods
Looks like Saturday will be spent splitting & stacking this cherry, some of the odds & ends in the pile will go on the bottom.

zap

Attachments

• 100_4223.jpg
    100_4223.jpg
    163.3 KB · Views: 393
  • 100_4224.jpg
    100_4224.jpg
    207.9 KB · Views: 390
  • 100_4225.jpg
    100_4225.jpg
    192.5 KB · Views: 387
MY "work for Saturday," is to pick up the 25 feet or so of grass/dirt that the guy I hired to plow my driveway, dug up and deposited on my neighbors yard!!

-Souy1957

Looking good Zap
I thought your area got winter? Grass looks pretty green to me,

bogydave said:
Looking good Zap
I thought your area got winter? Grass looks pretty green to me,

Not yet, some of the higher elevations are getting some, we look good through the Thanksgiving Weekend. Sunday we are looking at the high 50's.

zap

soupy1957 said:
MY "work for Saturday," is to pick up the 25 feet or so of grass/dirt that the guy I hired to plow my driveway, dug up and deposited on my neighbors yard!!

-Souy1957

Get some pictures soupy, I like seeing other people work.

zap

Not yet, some of the higher elevations are getting some, we look good through the Thanksgiving Weekend. Sunday we are looking at the high 50’s.
zap

Yep. You just missed it today. Truck driver told me he drove through blizzard condtions up in Saranac Lake. Drove out of it when he got almost to South Colton. It won't be long.

Gasifier said:
Not yet, some of the higher elevations are getting some, we look good through the Thanksgiving Weekend. Sunday we are looking at the high 50’s.
zap

Yep. You just missed it today. Truck driver told me he drove through blizzard condtions up in Saranac Lake. Drove out of it when he got almost to South Colton. It won't be long.

I think if I went 8 miles south of here they had more snow,(we had a dusting) I did see a guy that works in Tupper Lake in Colton....he still had snow on his car.

zap

Zap, is hunting season done now? I know you don't like to cut during that time. Oh, we are also expecting some high 50's Saturday and Sunday.

Backwoods Savage said:
Zap, is hunting season done now? I know you don't like to cut during that time. Oh, we are also expecting some high 50's Saturday and Sunday.

Done about the second week of December (that is a guess) I have some safe areas I can work, might hit one on Sunday. Up top is good for cutting during hunting season, have the old sugar maple that went down and would like that down the hill before we get any real snow.

zap

We have a cold air mass that might head your way soon.
I know you guys are looking forward to the colder weather.
Dropping SE thru Canada now, enjoy.
Glad to share when I can. :)

bogydave said:

Jet stream bringing that nice warm air up fom the gulf should stall that cold front over SMOKIN'S house!

keep it

zap

zapny said:
bogydave said:

Jet stream bringing that nice warm air up fom the gulf should stall that cold front over SMOKIN'S house!

keep it

zap

Wouldn't want to be there, when the 2 mix, severe weather happens.

Wouldn't want to be there, when the 2 mix, severe weather happens.[/quote]

bogydave, how much wood do you burn during a normal winter?

zap

Good stuff Zap. I need to get some stacking done today.

My Saturday project is to clean, shine and detail my 1997 F150 to prep it for sale. I've had it for twelve years. Has run perfectly. Hasn't been in the shop in about nine years and that was for something minor I can't even remember. Almost 15 year old truck has only 95 thousand miles on it. I drive it less than 5K miles a year. It has virtually no parking lot rash.

But, I have purchased a 2009 low mileage F150 and so the old one has to go. The only problem is... I'm almost going to hate to take the new out scrounging but once I get a bed liner in it it should be okay. Actually, haven't decided on a bed liner or a spray on.

Kenster, I checked on a spray in liner for a truck I had one time. They had 3 different grades. The one I was thinking of getting was the strongest/thickest. Because of hauling wood and some of the work that I do I wanted that. If I remember right it was going to be $400. Not a bad deal for something that you do not have to worry about moisture under it like a liner you would put in. I ended up getting a deal on a thick rubber mat that covered the whole bed. That meant I didn't have to spend the $400. But the spray in stuff looked top notch. The truck I have now had a liner in it when I got it. Good luck with that new Ford. Should be saweeet!

zapny said:
Wouldn't want to be there, when the 2 mix, severe weather happens.

bogydave, how much wood do you burn during a normal winter?

zap[/quote]
5-1/2 cords,
1st full year with the new stove anyway
That included shoulder on the front & back side where I burned spruce.

Kenster said:
My Saturday project is to clean, shine and detail my 1997 F150 to prep it for sale. I've had it for twelve years. Has run perfectly. Hasn't been in the shop in about nine years and that was for something minor I can't even remember. Almost 15 year old truck has only 95 thousand miles on it. I drive it less than 5K miles a year. It has virtually no parking lot rash.

But, I have purchased a 2009 low mileage F150 and so the old one has to go. The only problem is... I'm almost going to hate to take the new out scrounging but once I get a bed liner in it it should be okay. Actually, haven't decided on a bed liner or a spray on.

I ended up going with the plastic bedliner myself . . . cheaper and I figured it would hold up much better with wood being tossed into the back then the spray on stuff . . . I've read about possible moisture issues with the plastic bedliners, but a) figure there is just as much of a problem with the stuff they're putting down on the roads up here in the winter and having that stuff rust out the truck and b) figure there is always pros- and cons- no matter which way you go . . . I can always have someone weld in some scrap metal in a number of years if there is a rust problem and then just continue to cover it up with the bed liner . . . it's a little more difficult to pound out a beaten up and cut up spray on bedliner and make it look good.

FireAnt said:
Good stuff Zap. I need to get some stacking done today.

How did the stacking go?

zap

Kenster said:

When we bought the Ford Super Duty 250 we had plans for that being the new wood truck, had a nice cap put on it and kept the old green 1998 GMC for the wood truck.

Kenster; how about a nice picture of the truck once your done.

zap

Status
Not open for further replies.