Worked the weekend in the locust woods.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ohlongarm

Minister of Fire
Mar 18, 2011
Northeastern Ohio
Started hauling out the 400 give or take rounds of locust we cut the last two weekends this is work,have to hack your way in ,then ya gotta deal with trees like cherry that get in your way and cut them and haul them out.I figure it'll take the rest of the week to get everything out.Then I'm going to split all of it and stack no need to stack any more rounds I've got plenty. Here are the pics,the Suzuki 400 is an absolute beast,I'm loading the yota a little lighter than usual cuz I'm only hauling a quarter mile at most.Here are a few pics. Saturday work 001.jpg The big pile is a load of oak and black birch and a few poplars that I'm just going to let sit where it's at for a year or two.Right now my plan was to get about 15 cords of locust I'm there easily.

Attachments

• Saturday work 002.jpg
    Saturday work 002.jpg
    237.2 KB · Views: 172
  • Saturday work 003.jpg
    Saturday work 003.jpg
    301.1 KB · Views: 181
  • Saturday work 004-001.jpg
    Saturday work 004-001.jpg
    30.2 KB · Views: 158
  • Saturday work 005.jpg
    Saturday work 005.jpg
    330.8 KB · Views: 187
  • Saturday work 006.jpg
    Saturday work 006.jpg
    276.3 KB · Views: 183
  • Saturday work 007.jpg
    Saturday work 007.jpg
    291.9 KB · Views: 172
  • Saturday work 008.jpg
    Saturday work 008.jpg
    272.3 KB · Views: 173
  • Saturday work 009.jpg
    Saturday work 009.jpg
    150.8 KB · Views: 186
  • Saturday work 010.jpg
    Saturday work 010.jpg
    256.2 KB · Views: 161
Awesome OLA! That's some serious BTU's! Nice ATV too!

Ray

I see a spot for one more round in the trailer :)
You are making many of us jealous :) But you know that LOL :)

Nice work! How is the atv trailer staying together? :)

Nice work ohlongarm, looks like you have lots of work along with some nice btu's.

Nice pictures.
zap

if you load that yota any lighter the rounds will fall off the bed!

Nice work! How is the atv trailer staying together? :)
Pretty well actually,wish it was a little larger but it gets the job done and maneuvers well in tight spots.

Reactions: osagebow
Nice work. Thats the best, taking the quad into the woods with a wagon and loading up. You could have loaded up them racks on the quad to ya know! Nice pics! Be well

LOL Tim it won't keep you warm but it will emit a fragrant root beer smell! ;lol

Ray

Reactions: ScotO and PapaDave
Sweet, never burned any locust before...enjoy!

HehHeh . . . firm believer in making every load count I see . . . whether it be in the truck or ATV trailer. ;)

And here I was happy with the weekends scrounge of a small load of BL, that looks like heaven :p

Reactions: ScotO and blujacket
thats quite the nice pile...looks like the weather is nice there too

Gotta love that BL. Enjoy!

Reactions: ScotO
Man I cant believe how much locust some of you guys get, Im thrilled with my 1/3 cord that Im saving for the dead of winter, you can burn it year round if you want, nice score.

One jealous dude, here. Great looking btu's...lotta work but it's worth it in the end...

That's some great looking how do u like the yota I'm thinking of getting one

That's some great looking how do u like the yota I'm thinking of getting one
Had em all,Ford,Chevy,Dodge,nothing but nothing beats a Yota for the long haul,this is my fourth one,10 years old,body perfect,runs perfect,no repairs only maintenance,run Amsoil synthetic in it change it once a year,great truck.Not meaning to start a controversy but this brand worked for me.

Had em all,Ford,Chevy,Dodge,nothing but nothing beats a Yota for the long haul,this is my fourth one,10 years old,body perfect,runs perfect,no repairs only maintenance,run Amsoil synthetic in it change it once a year,great truck.Not meaning to start a controversy but this brand worked for me.
That's good to hear thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.