Workin on the pile..

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SmokinPiney

Feeling the Heat
Nov 25, 2008
In the Pines, NJ
We started workin on the piles this mornin in hopes to make way for more logs. Got about 2 cords bucked and 1 stacked by noon with about 2 more to be split. Those big rounds are from the oaks we took down last weekend.

Attachments

• Wood 028 copy.jpg
    Wood 028 copy.jpg
    237.8 KB · Views: 456
The new stack is from the center tree to the big oak on the right.

Attachments

• Wood 029 copy.jpg
    Wood 029 copy.jpg
    234 KB · Views: 505
Very nice! Thanks for sharing.

Nice stacks. Do I see an axe handle or two in the picture? Are you using a wood splitter and an axe?

I like the Pilsner glass sitting on the round in the second pic! :cheese:

maplewood said:
Nice stacks. Do I see an axe handle or two in the picture? Are you using a wood splitter and an axe?

Yep there's a single bit axe for the dead stuff, a splittin maul for the medium to large stuff and an old school monster maul for the big rounds. Of course when we get tired the splitter gets fired up haha.

And pagey that glass came in handy today :coolsmile:

Very nice!
SmokinPiney said:
We started workin on the piles this mornin in hopes to make way for more logs. Got about 2 cords bucked and 1 stacked by noon with about 2 more to be split. Those big rounds are from the oaks we took down last weekend.

Status
Not open for further replies.