Worlds smallest gas powered splitter?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mellow

Resident Stove Connoisseur
Jan 19, 2008
Salisbury, MD
I have never seen a gas splitter so small before, talk about portable.

Wood%20Splitter%20001.png

Wood%20Splitter%20002.png

Wood%20Splitter%20005.png

Attachments

• Wood Splitter 003.jpg
    Wood Splitter 003.jpg
    155.3 KB · Views: 634
Is it Yours?

Engine turns hydro pump in tank. Runs to hydro motor that turns the screw located in the pipe. Or at least that is how it appears. You can see QD's on the back of the hydro motor in the last pic and in the 3rd pic it appears that there is a hole in the heavy block, that I would assume is for the screw to turn in.

Or I could just be full of it. :lol:

ram in side cylinder, similar to the 4 and 7 ton units around also in that price range brand new.

smokinjay said:
Its cute but not 450.00 cute.

On CL here folks always list splitters for premium bucks. Most new looking ones are over $1k, used mind you. Old rusty diy splitters than need a 'tune up' a few hundred less, 700-800, no thanks, not when I can get the brand new TS husky/speeco for 900-1000.

Looks like the splitting wedge is actually riding on the cylinder. Two of the long bolts serve as a guide while the other two bolts connected to the black steel block on the end are pulling the wedge towards the plate as the cylinder extends. Could be some kind of hydraulic driven screw drive inside a pipe I guess. Pretty wild. Looks tougher than those little electric deals.

Strange lookin machine, wonder why he's sellin it??? I would bet he wants a bigger machine..!!!!

Joey said:
Strange lookin machine, wonder why he's sellin it??? I would bet he wants a bigger machine..!!!!

Bet you're right about that! The thing says it has a 20 second cycle time!!

Status
Not open for further replies.