Wow he is lucky to be alive !!!!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

shawneyboy

Minister of Fire
Oct 5, 2010
NE PA
Lucky is right...glad to see he made it. I bet that ride in the chopper cost a buck or two.

Well, when you are young, nothing will hurt you.... Methinks they learned a big lesson here even if the hard way. Scary for sure.

I swear! I didn't do nothin'. “I stood up on the wall, right when I was getting ready to cut it, it just started to roll.." :lol:

Yup. I had a couple close calls when I was younger myself.There's no substitute for experience,common sense & safety procedures.You learn fast & remember what NOT to do,or dont survive.

I would have posted this in the Ash Pan . . . but since it is closed . . . and since this thread is about close calls . . . here is a close call from this past weekend that hit close to home where I work . . . if you read the debate afterwards you will see at least one reader questions if if was a miracle . . . as you can see from my comments . . . I do in fact truly believe it was a miracle.

http://www.bangordailynews.com/story/Greater-Bangor/Firefighters-save-one-of-their-own,162189

firefighterjake said:
I would have posted this in the Ash Pan . . . but since it is closed . . . and since this thread is about close calls . . . here is a close call from this past weekend that hit close to home where I work . . . if you read the debate afterwards you will see at least one reader questions if if was a miracle . . . as you can see from my comments . . . I do in fact truly believe it was a miracle.

http://www.bangordailynews.com/story/Greater-Bangor/Firefighters-save-one-of-their-own,162189

Jake,

I just finished reading the entire article you posted and its comments. What a wonderful outcome for this special time of year!

I am putting together a pm to you. If you would like to share my pm with the Capt. you have my permission.

Some amazing things can happen for sure. This is one of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.