Wow, I knew I worked ahead and got so much firewood for a reason

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

CountryBoy19

Minister of Fire
Jul 29, 2010
Southern IN
Most likely I'm going to be going to work overseas in support of our soldiers this fall/winter. Between pre-deployment training and being gone, I probably won't have much time to cut wood for a good while. I knew that I had built up a 5 year supply for a reason. My wife can still heat with wood without having to worry about depleting our supply of seasoned wood. That gives me some "cushion" as well so I don't have to be in such a big hurry to cut more wood when I return.

:)

Just never know what will come your way. Always be prepared.

Godspeed, and thanks for your service.

Stay safe & thank you for your service.

Please be safe and a gigantic thanks for your service.

Countryboy, you just stated one of the big reasons I like to be ahead on the wood supply. Sometimes life takes a few turns and you can't put up much wood for a while but if you are ahead, there is not a big problem. We wish you well on your duty and look forward to the day you come back home. Thank you for serving.

Stay safe and come home soon to your family and friends.

Lots of Luck to You

Good that you have that wood ahead. What support role?

Thanks for all the well-wishes guys!

BrotherBart said:

I'll be working in a Mobile Technology and Repair Complex (MTRC). It's a fairly new program under the Navy/Marine Corps,

My basic role will be to support the SOF (Special Operations Forces) soldiers in whatever their needs may be. There isn't such a thing as "no". My job is to find a way to get it done. This gives a field-expedient channel to get mission critical equipment repaired, and equipment modifications completed when traditional channels would take far too long. The work ranges from micro circuit boards to firearms to big equipment etc. This program has been in existence for just under 1 year now and it has already saved at least 4 lives that can be documented (as far as I know), and an untold number of lives that there is no way of knowing if they would have been lost or not.

While over there I will also go outside of the wire with the soldiers to assist in engineering problems/issues to help the locals. Designing grain storage areas/containers, and irrigation systems are some things that guys have done so far. Who knows what may arise while I'm over there.

That's great, it's nice to know we are following up with things like grain and irrigation. Be safe.

As has been said, be safe and thank you. May God's hands protect you and your family while you are gone.

Good luck. Stay safe. Come back.

CountryBoy19 said:
Thanks for all the well-wishes guys!

BrotherBart said:

I'll be working in a Mobile Technology and Repair Complex (MTRC). It's a fairly new program under the Navy/Marine Corps,

My basic role will be to support the SOF (Special Operations Forces) soldiers in whatever their needs may be. There isn't such a thing as "no". My job is to find a way to get it done. This gives a field-expedient channel to get mission critical equipment repaired, and equipment modifications completed when traditional channels would take far too long. The work ranges from micro circuit boards to firearms to big equipment etc. This program has been in existence for just under 1 year now and it has already saved at least 4 lives that can be documented (as far as I know), and an untold number of lives that there is no way of knowing if they would have been lost or not.

While over there I will also go outside of the wire with the soldiers to assist in engineering problems/issues to help the locals. Designing grain storage areas/containers, and irrigation systems are some things that guys have done so far. Who knows what may arise while I'm over there.

It would really be nice if you or your wife could keep us posted on how things are with you and, of course, if the wife needs help this might be a good place to ask for that help.

be safe...

On the flip side... if you were in need of wood, there are enough fellow hoosiers around that would help in a heart beat, drop a load of wood off if it was needed at home.

Status
Not open for further replies.