Wow - New Avalon AGP bottom feed Wood Pellet Stove with Horizontal Rotary Disc!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don2222

Minister of Fire
Feb 1, 2010
Salem NH
Hello

Just got a demo of the AGP - "All Grade Pellet" stove by Avalon. Intro price $2660 ! ! ! Side panels come in custom colors!

Salesman said "It cuts pellets that are too long and will burn any grade pellet!" The bottom feed burn pot is the best in the industry! All Steel, Stainless Steel and cast iron construction with Analog controls! Built to last ! ! ! ! He ran it for 5 days and the glass had only a small spec of pellet ash on the right side ! !

The burn pot is more open to the ash pan than the enviro!
The exhaust port is in the center of the back for tight corner installs!

The heat exchanger baffles cover the tubes except a small space towards the front of the glass for the best hot air path ever!

Really cranks out heat and has a nice 80lb hopper!

See pics below. Click to enlarge:

Attachments

• IMG03197-20120821-0956.jpg
    IMG03197-20120821-0956.jpg
    106.5 KB · Views: 1,947
  • IMG03201-20120821-0957.jpg
    IMG03201-20120821-0957.jpg
    158.3 KB · Views: 1,802
  • IMG03203-20120821-0958.jpg
    IMG03203-20120821-0958.jpg
    175 KB · Views: 1,831
  • IMG03202-20120821-0958.jpg
    IMG03202-20120821-0958.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 1,719
  • IMG03205-20120821-0959.jpg
    IMG03205-20120821-0959.jpg
    113 KB · Views: 1,676
  • IMG03206-20120821-1000.jpg
    IMG03206-20120821-1000.jpg
    211.9 KB · Views: 1,649
  • IMG03207-20120821-1010.jpg
    IMG03207-20120821-1010.jpg
    142.4 KB · Views: 1,721
  • IMG03208-20120821-1011.jpg
    IMG03208-20120821-1011.jpg
    105 KB · Views: 1,747
  • AvalonAGPcutAwayView.jpg
    AvalonAGPcutAwayView.jpg
    132 KB · Views: 1,811
  • IMG03204-20120821-0959.jpg
    IMG03204-20120821-0959.jpg
    72.5 KB · Views: 1,591
I'm a newbie at pellet stoves, but when you say analog controls, does that mean there is no circuit board to burn out?

I'm a newbie at pellet stoves, but when you say analog controls, does that mean there is no circuit board to burn out?

Hello
It has been proven that potentiometers with the knobs last much longer than the newer micro buttons using solid state technology to increase the heat and fan speeds. They can still be mounted to a circuit card but just more reliable.

Interesting, Looks like they are aiming for some of the Harman market share. What the BTU rating?

Hi Jay
The salesman said 40k BTU but with the cast iron door it radiates the heat also. He said it really cranks out the heat. Burn Pot and Fire looks like the Harman also!

This looks like a nice stove. I'm a bit confused about this statement:

Hello
It has been proven that potentiometers with the knobs last much longer than the newer micro buttons using solid state technology to increase the heat and fan speeds. They can still be mounted to a circuit card but just more reliable.

It may very well be that analog controls last longer than micro-buttons (I have no idea), but it seems to me that, at some point, the pellet industry is going to have to jump into the 1980's and more significantly incorporate digital displays and digital controls.

Someone just listed a thread a few days ago with the Lopi model of this stove...

Seems to be a pretty good contender. Burns good and bad pellets with ease :) I like it.

Someone just listed a thread a few days ago with the Lopi model of this stove...

Seems to be a pretty good contender. Burns good and bad pellets with ease :) I like it.

Probably the same stove except with Lopi on the front!

It may very well be that analog controls last longer than micro-buttons (I have no idea), but it seems to me that, at some point, the pellet industry is going to have to jump into the 1980's and more significantly incorporate digital displays and digital controls.

I have seen 3 digital panels where the membrane is broken over the On-Off micro switch. It becomes brittle from the heat and the button that breaks is the button used the most! Heat and Digital Electronics do not mix very well!

However there have been stoves out there for a long time already with sophisticated digital controls. Have you seen the Bixby Stove with the USB port connected to a LapTop computer so you can fine tune one of the 50 or more settings? How about the Quadrafire Santa Fe with the LCD readout on the top? How about the Aud Mt Vernon AE with the Data Controller (Not called a T-Stat anymore since it inputs data From the stove)

The new Osburn 5000 has a LCD Touch Screen
http://www.osburn-mfg.com/product.aspx?Id=579&CategoId=5

This AGP stove has an option on T-Stats. You can use a standard manual or digital T-Stat OR you can purchase the Travis Avalon Smart T-stat for more data and info!

Santa Fe with LCD readout?? Really?

Actually, I could be wrong on that. I thought I saw one on CL but maybe the description was not right or something.

This is what I saw on CL. What is that LCD thing on top?
http://boston.craigslist.org/bmw/hsh/3217257807.html
3 years old. Excellent working condition. Brand new remote control system. You can see the stove specs at this link:
http://www.quadrafire.com/Products/Santa-Fe-Pellet-Stove.aspx?page=Specifications.

$1,600.00 or best offer. CASH only!

Attachments

• Santafe1.jpg
    Santafe1.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 438
  • Santafe2.jpg
    Santafe2.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 433

They are getting there. Some boiler makers like NBE in Denmark are coming to the US now. They have features like a digital interface that will send SMS messages when the boiler needs attention (low on pellets, incorrect airflow) and are partially self-cleaning. I was most impressed with their scalability. They can place several side-by-side (for a large building like a school) and the controller will use only as many as it needs. The same goes for heating hot water. In the summer months the boiler can change how it operates and scale down its output to remain efficient while only providing hot water.

http://www.nordjysk-bioenergi.dana9.dk/salgs-materiale/galleri/produkt-udvikling.html

travis ind. house of fire avalon lopi fireplace extraordinary and some torch thing and some pit thing also of memory serves me correctly. not sure on the wood stove mpdels

Hello

New AGP troubleshooting video!

Attachments

• AGPcontrolBoard.jpg
    AGPcontrolBoard.jpg
    13.2 KB · Views: 349
Reactions: heat seeker
Hello

New AGP Home owner's Video

Stove Animation Video Part 1

Stove Animation Video Part 2

I just bought a agp avalon lopi door I'm having a hard time with the air and it burning pellets all the way which way should lever go on ode to medium in for more air out formless window a little dirty I keep fan on auto

Hello

Too much air will make the flame low. Too little air will make the flame too high and lazy. Somewhere in between should be good!

Reactions: whitetailscout
check the side clean out ports inside the stove to the left and right of the burn pot if they are not properly seated the stove wont burn right

Status
Not open for further replies.