wtb old style heat-n-glo pipe

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

gilly270

Nov 6, 2008
west michigan
i am looking for a 24"a snorkle kit for the old style heat n glo 5 & 8 dv pipe, any one have anything collecting dust in the warehouse.
who the heck installs 14ft of horizontal with a 1 ft rise?

I'm pretty sure the "Old Style" HnG pipe you're talking about was actually
Simpson Dura-Vent 1200 series pipe. I'd try a Simpson dealer...

DAKSY said:

i'm pretty sure the stuff he needs was made by hht, and has different ends than simpson

i have one 24" section here, but its ends are beat up...

Wood Heat Stoves said:
DAKSY said:

i'm pretty sure the stuff he needs was made by hht, and has different ends than simpson

Ok. I stand corrected...

DAKSY said:
Wood Heat Stoves said:
DAKSY said:

Ok. I stand corrected...

^^ha, got ya for once :)

i only knew for sure because i have an old stick here

that sounds like what we call d.v. pipe and yes there is an adapter through hht that can go from the old to the new , the pert # would be ad1 or ad2. if you are unable to find i can assist you . but i am pretty sure we still have some collecting dust .

Reactions: Friendly Canadian
Which old style of 5/8 pipe?

There was VP pipe which has tab locks, the same as the current DVP but the locks go the opposite direction
Before that there was a DV cinch pipe which had crimps on one end, or maybe this was only for Heatilator?
At some time there was also what might be called DV-D which is a twist lock pipe by Simpson Duravent, and the OD is 8-5/8" (larger than the current 8" pipe).

The only thing that you will find a snorkel for is the Simpson pipe. I might be able to order one if that's what you have, there would be no returns though, and it will be expensive. There was a never a snorkel cap made for the other two types of pipe that I am aware of.

Can you take the current cap off and get a part number off the back of it? This would tell me what you have exactly.

Status
Not open for further replies.