XXV up and running again!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

marylu

Oct 25, 2006
Southwest Wisconsin
Some of you may remember that I had issues with our XXV and the 5 holes in the bottom of the burn pot. Well, today the technicians came and replaced the burn pot and auger tube assembly.

2 guys came and they did a fabulous job! They moved the stove out into the middle of the room and worked on it there. They spread a sheet over the floor and cleaned up what little mess there was when they were done. When they had it all back together again, they moved it back, hooked it up and started it up. Then went for lunch for 1+ hour and then stopped back to make sure that it was working fine before they left town. (The dealer is over 60 miles away) Only charge was the $35 trip charge which I was very happy to pay! Can you tell I am a very happy camper?

Thanks to everyone here for your knowledge and support! It was great!

Great to hear! Nice to know that there are still some dealers/service people that do the job right the first time.

If you haven't posted before, maybe some pics of the stove burning would be nice to see.... :cheese:

Enjoy the heat!

Glad it all worked out for you. Better keep that number handy.

Maybe post the info incase another member needs a good respectable dealer to call.

Enjoy and stay warm.

jtakeman said:
Glad it all worked out for you. Better keep that number handy.

Maybe post the info incase another member needs a good respectable dealer to call.

Enjoy and stay warm.

Also, add what part of the planet your from in your sig. :)

oh believe me, I am enjoying the stove!! Thanks for all the good wishes.

I did update/add an avatar as well as a signature. :)

When we first installed the XXV I did post pictures, but that was several years ago. Here is one from tonight.
Sorry, guess not. Kept coming up as image deleted. Must be a problem with hosting site. Will have to check it out.

That's the way for a dealer and the company to get repeat customers! Glad to read a good outcome and not a horror story.

Status
Not open for further replies.