Yard machines log splitter on clearance.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bsa0021

Feeling the Heat
Oct 1, 2008
Ohio
The local HD has a yard machines 25 ton log splitter w/Honda gcv engine for a reduced price of $910 (original $1299) because it was reconditioned. Apparently the hydraulic tank was overfilled and leaking out of the plug which was screwed up somehow. This didn't make sense to me because the fill plug is on the top. It was never sold and HD found the problem when they went to assemble it. Is there a drain plug on the bottom that may have been leaking? Is this the Honda motor that had problems? I was waiting on the 20 ton Huskee at TSC to go on sale again but maybe I should jump on this.

It is possible to overfill the tank and it will leak out the vent if sloped to that side of the tank or if the oil expands.

LLigetfa said:
It is possible to overfill the tank and it will leak out the vent if sloped to that side of the tank or if the oil expands.

+1 or setting at the wrong angle

Anyone know of HD 10% off coupon?

bsa0021 said:

I don't know of a coupon, but if making a large purchase this the perfect time to open a HD line of credit, get 10% off, pay off card, close account.. wait for next big purchase. done it twice now. (they were about 2 years apart)

bsa0021 said:

They will honor the Lowes 10% off coupons.

Status
Not open for further replies.