Yeah I have a problem!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

rdust

Minister of Fire
Feb 9, 2009
Michigan
I was on my way home today talking to my wife when I seen some ash knocked down on the side of the road. The county has been taking down a lot of the dead ash on the road side lately. Now mind you I have three years worth of wood and have told my wife countless times I'm done till fall. The property is state owned land so it's destined for the chipper. The conversation went something like this, wow there is a bunch of ash down, my wife asked if I was going to pick some up and I say of course not. I go about another half mile and tell her I'll have to call you back I'm going to get some wood. :lol: I ended up with about a pick up bed full, there was a lot more but it was full of poison ivy and I'm very allergic/sensitive to it so I let it lay. On the other side of the road there was three tree's down, I knocked on the home owners door but they were not home so I left it alone.

Not a huge score but I find it funny that I can't just drive by and leave it alone. After I loaded up the truck I called my wife and told her "I feel so alive" :lol: she said yeah we need to get you a help group, I said I do it's hearth.com :cheese:

You can always use more inventory, and more exercise, so what is the problem?

Here's a picture since it didn't happen if I don't post it. :)

Attachments

• P6250004 (Large).jpg
    P6250004 (Large).jpg
    156.1 KB · Views: 726
GolfandWoodNut said:

No problem for me, just another example that I have no self control.(I already knew this) :)

rdust said:

Thats it.........lol Its a great problem now this winter you must pass on some wood on to a needy family!

rdust said:

You are so lucky to have that knot and limb free hardwood. Looks like easy splitting.

That looks like a pretty good score. What is it about this that's so addicting?

DaFattKidd said:
That looks like a pretty good score. What is it about this that's so addicting?

How about heating your house for next to nothing?

How about the feeling of accomplishment?

How about satisfying the primal instinct to hunt/gather?

Yea I just saw a CL add for 10-20 cords of bucked oak free for the taking and now I have ogida since I cant get down to it until Wednesday :-( Heads up SJ peeps. Not to mention the awful weather here right now.

rdust said:
GolfandWoodNut said:

No problem for me, just another example that I have no self control.(I already knew this) :)

Wood Junkie! :lol:

zap

It all sounds perfectly healthy to me! . . .And a nice score! BTW, if you did get into the poison, I found a decent product while down in PA called Zanfel. It seems to work well for me.

I've been in South Texas since Saturday and just got home tonight. On my way home I seen the wood still in front of the house so I'm going to knock on their door again tomorrow to see what's up with it. I can't believe it's still there, people must not be interested in gathering during the summer. That's fine by me!

Status
Not open for further replies.