Yes, winter is coming

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kinsmanstoves

Minister of Fire
This is what happened in less than 2 hrs. Ain't it great? I bumped up the thermostat just for the heck of it. Nice and toasty in here.

Eric

Sorry the date is off on the camera.

Attachments

• SANY0231.JPG
    SANY0231.JPG
    204.9 KB · Views: 622
Weather here is still going back and forth.
Was 70 with rain yesterday, back to the 30s today.

Ole wives tale-
Whatever day on the calender that the first snow arrives is how many
big snow storms to expect throughout the coming winter.

kinsman stoves said:
This is what happened in less than 2 hrs. Ain't it great?.......

NO NO NO!!!! Keep it in Ohio! I HATE snow....... :ahhh:

That is why I want the Pigs to keep burning.

Eric

I can wait, when we get snow in December, it usually stays all winter.

And snowing again, 11:00 am on Monday. Rock on with your bad self Mother nature.

Eric

kinsman stoves said:
And snowing again, 11:00 am on Monday. Rock on with your bad self Mother nature.

Eric

Eric, I havent looked at a map, you get lake effect where you are or is this the genuine thing. Im hoping the genuine thing cause it usually ships east from there.

But you gotta love New England. I worked the overnight Saturday night and it was almost 70, got home at 8 AM and told the wife it was nice out. By the time we got out to run our errands, after my nap and some quality time with the kids it was 43.

They're saying flurries Tuesday and possably real snow here Thursday.
Bring it On!

I am north of Youngstown, Ohio. Yes this is lake effect. Some areas get dumped on and others get a dusting. It still rocks. Little white pennies fall in from the sky.

Eric

Thats awesome. we used to stay in a little town out there when we raced in Norwalk that was a boating place. It was cool it had a channel like right through the downtown area, as I remember.
Unfortunately, the water out here tends to wipe out 50% of the snow, and make the other 50% that much worse.

Norwalk has the hot Rod Ass. Headquarters and is a big straight track Geek place. Sorry the area we are from is all trucks with 4x4. 2 wheel drives (cars or trucks) are not enough. Yankee Lake and Fireball truck nights. Look em up on the web.

I supply a store with pellets in Norwalk and we go to a water park in Sandusky every few months. Good time. Plus it has Cedar Point so if your into roller coasters.

Eric

I would like to place an order for a BIG snowstorm on the coast
this year instead of the slushy mess we usually get.
We are overdue anyway. :)

woodsman23 said:
We got 22" during sunday
and monday. You people can have it all.... Lake effect stinks...

Send it over! Plow vehicle is ready to rock and I'm doing the snow dance!

plowsite.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.