Yet another CL gem

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jack Straw

Minister of Fire
Dec 22, 2008
Schoharie County, N Y
Fallen Tree (cleanup) (delmar)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Date: 2011-04-26, 8:41PM EDT
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Live Tree has fallen in my backyard and is free to anyone who will neatly cut, rake, and help reestablish the area to it's original state. The tree fell on a fence and if you can help me put the two fence pieces up and together that would be great! the tree is still alive (not pine). sorry I don't know what kind it is. Fairly easy access to tree, would need a really long extension cord if you needed electricity to cut it.

it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

After you do all of that maybe you could also mow the lawn and take out the garbage. :lol:

Niiiiiice. Not only clean up their trash but rebuild their fence too. Helluva deal. I charge $25/hr cash,plus material & travel expenses.

I saw an ad yesterday where the guy wanted three walnut trees cut and you could take the wood, he was asking for you to make an offer to him to go cut his trees and haul them out of his yard.

My neighbor has two huge white oaks in his front yard that he wants down. They both lean toward the power lines. The electric company told him since the line only ran to his house it was his problem, not theirs. Tree guys quote him a grand apiece for the trees. I told him I would drop them on the power lines for just the wood. He has a one million dollar personal liability rider on his homeowner's policy and if those trees hit the lines, which they will, they will totally take them down and the whole development goes dark.

I also told him I would call the electric coop and explain the facts of life to them. Those facts being, I am dropping the trees on X date. Be there or be there thirty minutes later.

I don't think he has the guts to let me do it.

A few years back I had a house that had a huge oak tree in the front that had to be taken out for a new septic system. The guy I got to drop the tree contacted the electric company on the day he was going to drop it and they were there to disconnect then reconnect the lines.
That was some good wood, I didnt have a stove at the time so I let my neighborhood have the wood, took him three weekends to cut it up and bring it over to his yard.

BrotherBart said:
My neighbor has two huge white oaks in his front yard that he wants down. They both lean toward the power lines. The electric company told him since the line only ran to his house it was his problem, not theirs. Tree guys quote him a grand apiece for the trees. I told him I would drop them on the power lines for just the wood. He has a one million dollar personal liability rider on his homeowner's policy and if those trees hit the lines, which they will, they will totally take them down and the whole development goes dark.

I also told him I would call the electric coop and explain the facts of life to them. Those facts being, I am dropping the trees on X date. Be there or be there thirty minutes later.

I don't think he has the guts to let me do it.

Recently a guy down the road hired someone who claimed he was insured to cut a large tree next to his house. The guy dropped the tree on the power lines going into the house, ripped them out, and somehow when they shorted it caused the neighbors house to start on fire. Luckily the fire didn't do much damage. The tree cutter's father, (must be a family business) who had insurance, told him not to cut the tree and refused to put the claim on his policy.

Status
Not open for further replies.