Yet another criagslist funny ad

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jack Straw

Minister of Fire
Dec 22, 2008
Schoharie County, N Y
The following is an ad from craiglist. I laughed at it because around here you just take a few small branches from a willow tree and stick them in the ground and they will grow rather quickly. I've never heard of any one actually buying a willow tree.

"15' - 18' Willow Tree - $500 (Queensbury)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Da
2010-05-27, 1:24PM EDT

I have a very nice willow tree that stands about 15'-18' tall with many nice branches. The trunk is about 6" wide!!

I ordered online about 8 years ago but it was supposed to be (and was labelled as) a butterfly bush. The first 3 years with no flowers I chalked up to being young and tried to move it away from my lawn as Nitrogen fertilizer will inhibit flowers on butterfly bushes. But as the trunk started turning yellow and the leaves took better shape, I realized it was a willow. I've intended to move it for years but never got around to it and I really have no where to put it. Will sell for $500 OBO if you come and remove it yourself.

Great for wet areas as Willows LOVE water. I am all sand so it just doesn't make sense to try and keep.

If you would like me to deliver it will cost $1700 total as I will need to rent some equipment to dig it out with and get some help.

It is still small enough to handle with a skidsteer or tractor bucket, and certainly with a backhoe, but you will not be able to load this thing on a trailer or truck by hand. I can arrange for you to view the tree if interested. Send email with your contact info and we'll schedule a time.

I'll take photos and post by the end of the weekend.
Thanks! "

Oh I think there is something very wrong here! wow

Someone should email him and ask if for $3500 total he will replant it. Thats bizarro. But really, in this day and age, with the broad reach of CL, why not try to find a sucker?

Took him 8 years to make the ID on that tree eh? They say there is one in every town - he's hoping to find company perhaps :) Have to wonder how much he paid for the "butterfly bush."

Pay the guy with monopoly money, he won't know the difference for years anyway :lol:

What's really sad is this person actually thinks this Willow is worth it. From the CL ad I don't think he/she (probably a woman based on the emphasis in the ad) is trying to sucker somebody in. I think they believe this is a nice specimen tree and is worth that kind of $. I kinda feel sorry for the guy/gal.

Whats that phone number ? Just kidding

Indeed, what's the phone number? I have lots of butterfly bushes including a sucker with an 8" trunk (really).

Status
Not open for further replies.