You guys helped me make a score.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ClassicSWC

Nov 4, 2011
York, Pa.
Been debating on getting a bigger saw to compliment my 46cc Homelite, so I've been looking around. This morning I was using the search feature on here to look at different saws and came across a thread about HD selling their rental saws. Interesting.

So I'm running errands this afternoon and go right by my local HD and I thought, "what the heck, I'll stop and take a look". What do I see sitting on a platform at the entrance to the rental dept? A makita dcs6401 for $205. Brand new chain and all, so it's sitting on my kitchen table right now while I read the instruction manual, lol.

If it's half the cats meow that people say it is, my woodcutting just got a lot easier. A big thanks to the forum!

If I wasn't smoking a cig before I am now. Just went out back and tried it. Holy Schnikes! Started right up and was going thru knotty oak like shot thru a goose.

Think I'm going to put a 16" bar on the homelite for limbing and be done with it. Can't imagine picking it up for any other reason.

Now if you really want to get crazy put on the BB P&C from baileys and see how it rocks.

Status
Not open for further replies.