You Have to Check Out This Craigslist Entry

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
WOW.

Assuming nobody gets killed, good luck getting your homeowners insurance to pay when the fire department finds this in the ashes of your former house.......

I have a differnt take on it. Maybe he put that valve on there to adjust the air for the secondaries. But.....If he was hooking gas there.............. boom! :bug:

There is a flare fitting on the valve, indicating a piece of copper would be connected with a flare nut.

Even more proof of gas: the title of the ad says "gas assisted start and burn".

My buddy says we should take a road trip and get it for camp! (But I already have a Lopi at camp... albeit a naturally aspirated one.)

Pretty stupid, but the stove still looks to be in good shape and the price is right. Just take off the gas thingy, plug it up and it would probably be a decent stove.

Todd said:
Pretty stupid, but the stove still looks to be in good shape and the price is right. Just take off the gas thingy, plug it up and it would probably be a decent stove.

and save a life at the same time!

I read it twice and it seems he put another tube inside to burn propane ..sorta like a gas grill.

TX-L said:
There is a flare fitting on the valve, indicating a piece of copper would be connected with a flare nut.

My buddy says we should take a road trip and get it for camp! (But I already have a Lopi at camp... albeit a naturally aspirated one.)

You could mount a turbo on the side..me..I'm thinking supercharger..on the Apex that is. cheers!
Nice sled you have.

Todd said:

I was thinking about that too Todd.. Seems if it is in good shape you may be able to remove the gas line and demodify that stove.. The price would certainly be right if it was an easy fix..

Ray

HotCoals said:
TX-L said:

You could mount a turbo on the side..me..I'm thinking supercharger..on the Apex that is. cheers!
Nice sled you have.

Off topic: Thanks, it's an almost completely restored TX, I ride it a little each year, mostly just to have people ooh and aah over it at a local drag race or restaurant. Many have asked if it's for sale. I have an Apex as well. Not charged, though... My friend has a D&D installed supercharger on his Nytro -- quite impressive. He can blow past me when my speedo is 120 +/- on a lake or plowed road, but now he can't ride over 80 miles due to his small tank and the requirement for 112(+) octane, so he has sort of ruined it in my opinion. Not to mention the COST of that high octane fuel. He actually now needs another sled for normal trail riding; looks like his Quebec trips are over.

I don't have a supercharger ..yet..lol.
I don't think a hi-jack in this thread would be frowned upon to much...lol.
Just wanted to add that I'm Capt.Storm on hardcoresledder.com..maybe you have been there?
If not check it out!

PM's work well for many things that take a thread off course

pen

Status
Not open for further replies.