your best guess on how much wood this is?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

iceman

Minister of Fire
Nov 18, 2006
Springfield Ma (western mass)
best gues

Attachments

• flue pics 002.jpg
    flue pics 002.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 825
  • flue pics 004.jpg
    flue pics 004.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 818
here is another

Attachments

• flue pics 001.jpg
    flue pics 001.jpg
    33.6 KB · Views: 770
Looks to be about one cord.

stoveguy2esw said:
is the stack a single or double?

sitting on 2 four way pallets , whats stacked there looks about a cord hard to say whats on the ground. i may be a bit off , photo is awfully dark
it is about 6 ft tall and that is one stack behind with the second almost complete
the stuff on the ground with the stack should be 4 cords from what i am told but doesn't look like it to me

iceman said:
stoveguy2esw said:
is the stack a single or double?

sitting on 2 four way pallets , whats stacked there looks about a cord hard to say whats on the ground. i may be a bit off , photo is awfully dark
it is about 6 ft tall and that is one stack behind with the second almost complete
the stuff on the ground with the stack should be 4 cords from what i am told but doesn't look like it to me
Four cords ???????????????Maybe face cords.

It looks just about the volumn that you can deliver and stack in our screened in porch! :coolgrin:

Having just stacked 1 1/2 cords last week I can say that is no more than 1 cord. Certainly not 4!!

Hope you didn`t pay the guy for 4 cords. Even though the pics are dark, I can`t see any more than 2 cords maximum(and that is a stretch). Only way you are going to know for sure is to stack it in rows. Remember a full cord is 4x4x8ft. Here is a suggestion for you-stack it,take pics in the daylight,measure to be sure,and if it is the quantity that I think it is-"tell the guy you want some money back or I will see you in small claims court". To clarify, 4ft high,4ft wide, and 8ft long.

I agree with Stoveguy those 2 pallets are 40"X48" and they are stacked the long way against the house so that is an 8' wide pile, it's a little shy of 4' in the front but you said it was 6' high.
So you got a cord against your house the rest no idea...
Stack them up and let us guess again ;-P
EDIT after Zooming in on the pic at the house what is stacked is about 3/4 cord.

2-1/2 - 3 cords, get em stacked and then you'll know

I'll guess 3 cords. Is it seasoned? Looks a little fresh to me.

My guess is a cord and 1/3.

Looks like a Cord and a Half (3 face cords)
and it does look 'fresh' - is the bark loose(falling off), or tight ?

no its not stacked yet ... that will finish 2morrow
some of the bark falls right off some doesn't so i guess its mixed
i was told that it has been sitting in log length for 2 + plus years
he starts splitting in july
his claim is it should be at least 4.5 cords
he also says when it is done being stacked he would like to come back and make sure
(thats when i told him don't worry i will call 4 sure)
anyways he is coming on mon or tues to check)
i will take more pictures 2 morrow in the daylight so you can see the size of the pile on the ground and when i am finished

not enough ;)

I have found the best way to figure out how much wood I have is to stack it and measure the sq. footage.

Sitting in log lengths for 2 years don't mean squat. And just split in July means its still wet. 5 months aint no wheres near enough drying time.

I think you have a little over a cord stacked combined with the small pile in front. The other loose pile, perhaps 2 cords but that's tough to tell. So, total of around 3 cords is my guess

Remember, when you measure, a cord is 128 cubic feet. It does not matter in the least if it is stacked in a 4x4x8 configuration, as long as the volume measures 128 cubic feet.

Status
Not open for further replies.