Your neck of the woods...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mhambi

Burning Hunk
Sep 10, 2010
UT
I'm a new member here, thought this would be a good way to introduce myself, get to know others...

Post a couple of pics of 'your neck of the woods', and maybe a little bio...

I live in Central Utah. Been burning wood all my life. Been working on a log home for the past 3 years or so. Just purchased a 28-3500 from Englander. I'll have to do an 'install' thread soon. But since this is the Picture Perfect section of the forum... on with the pics!

This is where I go get wood. Lots of beetle kill. Mostly Englemann Spruce. I also cut a fair amount of Juniper (which I prefer)

2hg8zfq.jpg

This is what my driveway looks like in the winter.

21cgtfq.jpg

This is close to where I 'work'

2uyod5i.gif

And my giant wood pile, that I currently live in...

16c3uqf.jpg

This is where i grew up, the place where I live now is nice but it does not lend well to photo's.

Attachments

• gaultois2.jpg
    gaultois2.jpg
    77.8 KB · Views: 1,330
SKIN052 said:
This is where i grew up, the place where I live now is nice but it does not lend well to photo's.

Newfoundland?

Cool! That's one area of the world I've never spent time in.

It must suck living in such a place!

Shots around my hood. I'm in the burbs around 15 miles South of Boston, MA.

Oct_2006.jpg

front_yard.jpg

myownbackyard.jpg

My house:

frontal.jpg

I hope that cat from NYC was kidding I cain't think of worce place to live. Looks beautiful ther in Utah.Welcome.

Cpt.

mhambi said:
SKIN052 said:

Newfoundland?

Cool! That's one area of the world I've never spent time in.

Yep, the rock!!! I grew up riding a boat and Quad, did not get my Drivers license till I was 26. Not allot of need for it in my hometown.

cptoneleg said:
I hope that cat from NYC was kidding I cain't think of worce place to live. Looks beautiful ther in Utah.Welcome.

Cpt.

No, he's right! Utah is a horrible, horrible place to live. No one should even consider it! ;-)

Nice pics, Xena and Skin!

Here's another from about 5 miles away from where I grew up (SW. Utah)

w9k9rq.jpg

Yep this is one beautiful country.

God Bless America

cptoneleg said:
Yep this is one beautiful country.

God Bless America

I agree, except Moss Point, Mississippi. No offense to anyone from there.

I love that series, Woodsman. Do you swim in that pond, too?

OK, these are a couple of years old but every autumn carries the same delight:
391880845.gif

391880843.gif

391880848.gif

391880847.gif

September and October are two of the finest months of the year in my area. :)

cptoneleg said:

Cpt.
yes just kidding NYC does have some fine point but i am a country boy at heart!

Bobbin said:
OK, these are a couple of years old but every autumn carries the same delight:
. . .

September and October are two of the finest months of the year in my area. :)

My wife agrees with you . . . Fall is her favorite time of the year . . . no bugs, warm days, cool nights, good weather.

Me . . . I like all the seasons . . . well except for Black Fly Season . . . heck I even like Tourist Season and Mud Season . . . but I can't stand Black Fly Season.

Yep, black fies, and no-see-um's, and skeeter season, too. Although, skeeters were barely noticed this year.
Great pics Bobbin. Bev and I have been noticing more color change the last several days, mostly the Maples. We both love the cooler days and evenings.
I don't have any pics from this year yet, guess I should get on that. :red:

Nice pics all.

Here's a sunset pic from the 'Skyline Drive' about 20 minutes from my house. Elevation: 9000'. This is the plateau where I cut wood.

acqs9i.jpg

Christmas-2008d-1.gif

10-10-09f.gif

8-5-08c.gif

10-29-05.gif

Octoberwoods.gif

This is our driveway
3_1_05_snow.gif

St. Patrick's Day 2010

IMGP1105.png

Heres my neck of the woods,

Attachments