YUCK!!! Look at this hydraulic fluid!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

NoPaint

Feeling the Heat
Jan 2, 2009
USA
You can't tell how much water there was before that stuff started flowing. The tank has no drain so I have to use a suction pump. Right now there is an iceberg in the tank so im slowly melting that so I can get all the water out.

Attachments

• IMG00089-20110204-1250.jpg
    IMG00089-20110204-1250.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 394
Dont you want to go the other way and freeze it so the water becomes slush and can be filtered out with a coffee filter?

What I mean is that I am melting the iceberg in the tank so i can suck all of that liquid out. I won't be reusing the oil but instead replacing it with new "Coastal Economy Hydraulic Fluid."

you pulled your oil out of the ocean in new orleans?

Already got it cleaned out. Main problem now is that I need to rebuild or replace the ram. See my other post. I need some suggestions on what diameter to get. I think the one on there is about 4" diameter on the body of it. What is everyone else running?

Status
Not open for further replies.