Yukon Big Jack water heating tubes

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

johnsopi

Minister of Fire
Nov 1, 2006
MD near DE&PA;
Does anyone heat their hot water with the water heating tubes on the B.J? Is it worth it.

The big jack is a furnace. I would think a boiler would be the more appropriate device for heating water.

I'm not a plumber, actually I hate plumbing, so I haven't done it yet. But I am going to set it up, planning on 2010, or if I can trade some of my wood to a plumber friend for him doing it, then I will in 2009.

I think to really do it right, you need to preheat from the furnace into a separate hot water tank, then your propane or electric hot water tank draws from that.

There are a few threads that talk about this very issue, just do some searching for hot water or yukon, or ...

The Hot Rods are a pre heater.They have the capacity to make 18 gallons per hour at an 80 degree rise.
They can be plumbed in a few different ways.Like Craig mentioned in his post there is a link to go look at them.
They sell for $208.

Status
Not open for further replies.