Yup, its time

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

RidgeRunner56

Sep 23, 2011
Sandy Ridge, Pa
Woke up this morning, went out to feed the dogs and this is what greeted me.
os1.jpg

Temp outside was down to 33 and the house temp was 56.

Once the coffee was perking, I fired up the pellet stove. House has been comfy all afternoon
os3.jpg

Wow! Sick as this is, I'm a little jealous. Haven't fired up the stove once. I have to remind myself how terrible last winter was; no fun at all.

holy crap. That is crazy! We had a chilly week and I fired ours up today too-after putting it back together...

I'm not that bad yet. No snow on the ground but it was cold and damp that I starts the stove Saturday morning and haven't stopped yet.
Down to 50 at nightand only 60 for a daytime high with rain.

I think I would have to pinch myself to see if I was dreaming if I awoke to that display at this time of year. I'm not ready for that yet, but then nature never bothers to ask. Need to get my backside in gear and get with it before I look outside to the same greeting.

Wow.... What elevation are you at??? I have fired both of mine.. Wood and Pellet (Not at the same time).. But no snow.. Low was 39 last night.. Ive got 2 different outdoor weather stations. One said 36, the other 41, App on my phone said 39, so I go by it, seeing its in the middle of my 2 #'s....

Cant imagine snow on this date... But hey, I am looking forward to Winter.. nice set-up you got there......

I'm at 2,000 feet of elevation. One of nature's surprises. I've only lived in this area for four years, but have been told this is the earliest snow anyone can remember. Two years ago on Oct 15th, we had 8 inches here on the ridge.

Holy Crow! I'm 4 hours east and that picture with snow is crazy. I guess breaking it in has come early this year.

wow, unbelievable. I started mine this weekend on 2 out of 7. Burned 2 bags in about 36 hours, 3 in the hopper, and 220 bags on the wal, 220 bags...I'll go get on more ton or ton and a half soon.

I hope for Indian Summer..keep the snow far away please....we are already burning half a bag a day...brrrr

Status
Not open for further replies.