Z42CD Gasket Cement Failure

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

hemlock40a

Nov 11, 2010
Leelanau Peninsula, MI
Hello,

We recently had the double-door Z42CD from Kozy Heat installed and have used it five times. This past weekend I noticed that the cement used to attach the flat braid between the doors had disintegrated to a fine powder and the gasket was just dangling. This cement is white. Is it silicone? I assume it didn't stand up very well to high temperatures but this seems very quick for something to fail. The highest temp I've seen, with a thermometer on one of the doors is 650.

I emailed Kozy but got no response. Called and the woman who answered didn't know why it would happen and said to call the dealer. Did that and he said he'd call them and have them "send you something". I'd appreciate comments, please, especially from any who sell/install these units.

Thank you.

Sounds like terrible customer service from your dealer. I would get on their case about. I pride myself in making sure our customers are happy before, during, and after the sales/installation. Short of that, Gasket cement is available at your local hardware store.

Status
Not open for further replies.