Zama Carb

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Danno77

Minister of Fire
Oct 27, 2008
Hamilton, IL
can i press in a walbro jet into my zama carb. It has a fixed main jet that is .45 and I think I'd like to go to .48, but I can't find a list of zama jets. I did find 1123 121 5630, but it's Walbro. I asked this on the AS forum, but didn't get any responses. Thought it might be something a member around here knew...

Because pictures are fun, here are some pictures of the Zama carb from the MS170.
f8f3fc8f.jpg

929c3ddc.jpg

4d989e71.jpg

54ee8844.jpg

I dont think it will work, but if its cheap enough worth a try. Not a lot of guys setting around trying to modd out a 170 carb...Nork! :lol:

smokinjay said:
I dont think it will work, but if its cheap enough worth a try. Not a lot of guys setting around trying to modd out a 170 carb...Nork! :lol:
well, I could buy a MS250 carb and it would give me an adjustable H, but that's 20-30 bucks more on this stupid saw. If I can buy a couple of jets at 2-3 bucks each, then I'll mess to see which one gives me the results I want. Nothing crazy here, just MM and mild porting, lol.

ever see a MS170 blow up at about 16,000RPMs? you might get your chance....

Danno77 said:
smokinjay said:
well, I could buy a MS250 carb and it would give me an adjustable H, but that's 20-30 bucks more on this stupid saw. If I can buy a couple of jets at 2-3 bucks each, then I'll mess to see which one gives me the results I want. Nothing crazy here, just MM and mild porting, lol.

ever see a MS170 blow up at about 16,000RPMs? you might get your chance....

lol Its worth a shot at a couple buck. PM Southbound he tried about everything. (although most he does is the 0's)

Status
Not open for further replies.