Zone valve wiring to split existing zone

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Rick Stanley

Feeling the Heat
Dec 31, 2007
Southern ME
chickfarm.com
Got a zone with taco 007 pump on supply side. Immediately downstream from pump there is a tee. From the tee it branches and feeds ci rads in 2 areas of the House. Each loop has its own return line.... For comfort reasons I want to add a second thermostat and a zone valve to control the existing pump. How to wire it???? Thanks!!

Got a zone with taco 007 pump on supply side. Immediately downstream from pump there is a tee. From the tee it branches and feeds ci rads in 2 areas of the House. Each loop has its own return line.... For comfort reasons I want to add a second thermostat and a zone valve to control the existing pump. How to wire it???? Thanks!!

The best and cleanest way to to buy zone relay box. Wire the thermostats to then top, zone valves at then bottom and it controls then pump on/off and boiler call if needed. Zone valves on the supply after the pump.

I'm partial to Caleffi brand zone valves and relay box.

Here is some good info, drawings and wiring schematics.

https://www.caleffi.com/sites/default/files/coll_attach_file/idronics_14_0.pdf