Help identifying old one?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Martyq

May 15, 2024
Usa
Can anyone help me or point me in the right direction to identify this stove? Maybe the model, or an approximate value? Thanks.

Help identifying old one?Help identifying old one?Help identifying old one?

Montgomery & Ward stove.
But I think it may be a coal stove.

Reactions: Martyq
Montgomery Ward just resold the stove under their brand name. It may take some research to find the manufacturer. This one is pretty ordinary. The stove's scrap value may be equal to market value.

Montgomery Ward just resold the stove under their brand name. It may take some research to find the manufacturer. This one is pretty ordinary. The stove's scrap value may be equal to market value.
Maybe double scrap value if they are in an area that still has coal readily available. But definitely not much value there