how to remove duravent?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

iron

Minister of Fire
Sep 23, 2015
southeast kootenays
i'm removing my heat zone kit and ducting b/c we found it doesn't work like we'd hoped.

i took off the silver tape and the screws securing the duravent pipe segments, but it's difficult to pull the pipe off from the other pipes. is there an easy way to do this? it seems that perhaps the part where the sheet metal screw penetrated is getting caught on the inside pipe.

If you used the B-Vent product from Duravent, You will have to twist the sections COUNTERCLOCKWISE to disassemble them.

From the install manual:

Sections of DuraVent round pipe are joined together by lining up the female end of the locking lug with the male end slot, pushing them together, and turning clockwise to twist lock.

Attachments

• L204_W.pdf
    84 KB · Views: 1,239
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.