Furniture next to a pellet stove?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wear More Layers

Nov 9, 2013
Southern CT
I had an installer visit my home to look at the possible placement of a St. Croix Element stove. It's small, as is my house (1,400 ft sq.). The installer mentioned that I need to provide 3 feet of clearance between the stove and my upholstered couches to the left and right. That's a lot of dead space and too much to sacrifice in a small room. How much distance do you leave between your stove and any upholstered furniture?

your manual should provide expect mfg'er specs. 3 feet sounds about right.

Read the manual carefully. My Lopi calls for 36 inches from the front of the unit but 9 inches from the sides. You can touch the sides and the top when its running, pretty warm but its not going to ignite anything. I have a chair about 2 feet to one side, no issues.
RT

I'm thinking of a corner installation, but even then the installer recommended 3 feet clearance all the way around the perimeter of the front of the stove. The owner's manual mentions clearance distances around the sides, back, and top, but nothing about the front or front corners. I guess if I go with this stove I'll have to abide by the 3' rule.

Status
Not open for further replies.