026 pro help

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 7, 2010
Southington CT
Not sure why but when i put the little guy in to the stop position it will not stop it just keeps running

anyone want to lend a hand on what and where i should be looking at to fix this little problem???

holland_patrick said:
Not sure why but when i put the little guy in to the stop position it will not stop it just keeps running

anyone want to lend a hand on what and where i should be looking at to fix this little problem???

I had that problem for a while with my Poulan 475,had to pull out the choke to stop it.Short investigation "under the hood" showed that the ignition wire was old frayed & worn through.Spliced a longer slightly thicker gauge piece of wire to replace all of it,pair of electricians crimpers & 2 very small wire nuts solved the problem.Works like new now.

I have had dust build up on the switch contacts and cause it not to stop. Usually a good 'wiggle' on the switch stops it, then I brush/blow the dust off the contacts. Otherwise, check to see that the wire is connected and in good shape.

Sometime the placstic just gets out of line little bit from sawdust dirt whatever! Blow that saw out good.

Common prob on that saw. Pull the breather cover, & you'll see the switch, there's a piece of gold colored spring steel that hits a metal contact on the switch in the off position, make sure it's making good contact. If so follow the kill wire back, it may be broken or loose. A C

Well I'm not sure if it's a two piece part or not but right now I have to hold it down in to the choke spot to get it to start so it's like it's on click off from where it is meant to be. I'm going to bring it to work and try and figure it out but i'm not 100% sure about it..

holland_patrick said:
and yes i did clean and check the wire and spring still not stopping ...

Its just cockeyed in there, just got to play with it untill it seats right again...(Thats what she said) j/k Just dont break the plastic.

Status
Not open for further replies.