1 1/4 vs. 1 tubing, Chimmney question

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
huskers said:
I'm leaning toward the 315' length now because it will come into the basement right into the utility room instead of the opposite corner of the basement where I would have been creating more work for myself to deal with later.

630' round trip is doable with 1-1/2" depending on the flow rate you need. The numbers come out as giving you 13.85 GPM @ 22.14 ft of head using a 26-99. A Taco 0011 or 0013 will put you right in that same ball park. You're going to want to keep all your piping at least 1-1/2" including the circ flanges if you can.

What does your load calc at?

60k BTU (30k main, 30k basement) at -5 degrees plus some room for future DHW & hot water.....say 100k BTU...storage will be located near boiler in pole barn. Can you get the 1.5" cut to fit or does it have to be spliced every 100'?

huskers said:
60k BTU (30k main, 30k basement) at -5 degrees plus some room for future DHW & hot water.....say 100k BTU...storage will be located near boiler in pole barn. Can you get the 1.5" cut to fit or does it have to be spliced every 100'?

You could move that with a 15-58 doing about 8-1/2GPM

100' lengths. I PM'd you some details

Status
Not open for further replies.