1/15 Bethel Maine pellet plant tour

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Knots

Minister of Fire
Mar 13, 2013
Alfred, Maine
I'm not a pellet guy, but for those who are and are nearby:

Western Maine
Wood Pellet Plant Tour
8 Airport Road, Bethel, Maine
Thursday, Jan. 15, 6 p.m.
The Western Maine Chapter will tour the
Maine Energy Systems wood pellet plant, featuring
a presentation about current business and market
conditions. The presenters will also be prepared to
discuss proper installation and maintenance of wood
pellet systems. Coffee and cookies will be provided. In
the event of foul weather, a snow date will be Jan. 22.
Directions: From Route 2 in Bethel, turn onto North
Road and go to Airport Road. Turn right onto Airport
Road and proceed to Maine Energy Systems facility.
All SWOAM members and the public are welcome.
For information call Rich Merk, 207-415-1628.

FYI, they don't make pellets at MES they bulk store and distribute pellets

To further clarify, from what I know of their company, Maine Energy Systems markets commercial and residential pellet boilers, as opposed to being a pellet production plant, as well as providing bulk pellet storage and delivery.

http://www.maineenergysystems.com/

Reactions: mepellet
So, if MESys does not make pellets, is this a tour of the pellet boiler manufacturing facility?

Unless things have changed, they buy equipment from Europe, warehouse it and sell it to installers. They possibly may do some local assembly. They have a bulk pellet silo that is filled from pellet mills located elsewhere and then they have a bulk delivery tanker loading facility that sells to independents or their own fleet.

So, (and not to sound snotty at all and don't take it that way please...) but it appears to be a coffee and donuts presentation of the products and services they offer the public, which isn't all bad if you are in the market or contemplating a solid fuel heating system in the future. Myself, I'd like to tour a commercial extruder sometime.......'cause it's very mechanical.

So, (and not to sound snotty at all and don't take it that way please...) but it appears to be a coffee and donuts presentation of the products and services they offer the public, which isn't all bad if you are in the market or contemplating a solid fuel heating system in the future. Myself, I'd like to tour a commercial extruder sometime.......'cause it's very mechanical.
Virtual one right here
http://www.mainewoodspelletco.com/tour.html
I think real tours are still available ...............

Thank you young man, that was imformative... I like all things mechanical. Bit far to drive for a tour, maybe a tour and a Moose next year.....

Sorry about that. Just copying and pasting from the SWOAM newsletter. Marketing aside, maybe there's something to learn....

Status
Not open for further replies.