$100 worth of Oak

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shipper50

Minister of Fire
Nov 10, 2007
Indiana
My mailman and farmer friend and his son cut down what the son said was an American oak tree 2 months ago and saw them split this tree by hand with a monster maul. When I saw how big the pieces were, I asked him would he take $50 for what they call a rick which is much more than the normal rick. He looked at me funny and said if I wanted the wood I could have it for their normal $40 per. I told him I would give him a $100 for what we stacked that day and I got the wood today and here are some pics of the wood.

The spots on the pics are from the snow as I was taking the pictures and didnt want to take more in the weather. I went and measured the stacks, all the pieces are at least 19 inches long and most are over 22. The stack on the wall is 9 feet by 4 feet tall and the pallet is a 48x48 stacked over 50 inches tall.

Shipper

Attachments

• Oak.jpg
    Oak.jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 528
  • Oak 1.jpg
    Oak 1.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 539
thats about 3/4 cord you was fair with him...

Nice! My stove would love splits like that!

What's an American oak?
Joe

[quote author="polaris" date="1264536947"]What's an American oak?I wasn't sure either and couldn't find it on line, but the son works for an Indiana state park and figured he knew what he was talking about?

Shipper

Status
Not open for further replies.