100hp log skidder

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Raithi

Jan 20, 2018
SE Ohio
00x0x_2MbCvmAKF6R_600x450.jpg

Somebody near me has this 100hp beauty up for sale for the low low price of $4500. Gearmatic 9 winch 353 detroit diesel, just needs a little tlc.

Id say somebodys wife is getting pissed about it setting out back of the house. But probably not as pissed off as mine is going to be when I truck this thing home tomorrow

Next years woodshed pic will be epic.

Sadly, sometimes its the owners widow selling it after their spouse died or was seriously injured by the skidder.

I always wonder about sales where the equipment is selling for less than scrap value.

Sadly, sometimes its the owners widow selling it after their spouse died or was seriously injured by the skidder.

I always wonder about sales where the equipment is selling for less than scrap value.
Problem isn't the scrap value - cost of getting it to scrap yard mostly exceeds that now days

Tell your wife it's a heavy duty ATV and you need one because they don't break as easily as the Hondas and Yamahas.

Wait till you fire up the 2S Detroit. You won't hear her yelling at you.

Reactions: jwfirebird
Think it would pull a grass cutter?

This is awesome. Please tell me you get this as I need to see footage of it in action.

won't hear yelling - for several days

Just explain to her that the kids are getting all the toys and it is your turn .
Worked for me

I thought she was going to lose her chit when I brought home the 5 ton a few years ago. I didn't even tell her I was buying it lol. I ended up leaving and sleeping in the truck that night, I was worried she was actually going to burn it down...

I will have this skidder though, even if I have to hide it at a friend's house for a while.

Years ago a guy around here had a 353 detroit in a 1 ton chevy, could hear him coming 3 miles away.

Go for it , my wife would be fighting me to drive it.