1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

12* and dropping!

Post in 'The Inglenook' started by NH_Wood, Dec 19, 2011.

1. NH_Wood

NH_Wood Minister of Fire

Loc:
    southern NH
    12* right now and supposed to drop to 10* tonight, but can't see it staying that warm with about 10 hours to go before things might start to warm a little. 73* in the house and the Manny is purring on a load of beech and oak. Will start to burn down the coals at about 9:30 to get ready for an 11pm overnight load. Hoping to wake up to a house in the upper 60's. Hard to wake up to a house in the 70's when we get to the near single digits (the Manny is heating 3000sqft). Real nice walking by the stove and feeling the heat pouring out! Stay warm everyone! Cheers!

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. WellSeasoned

WellSeasoned Guest

Stay warm!! You know the weather guys will be off. 23* here, and they say its going down to 24, so there pretty close so far :) I expect it to get into the high teens as it did last night. I reckon I'll be getting up at least once to feed the stove. Have a good night. Enjoy the nh weather, am I hearing snow later in the week.... :bug:
  3. Mainely Saws

Mainely Saws Member

Loc:
    Topsham , Me.
    I just read both of my outdoor thermometers & it's 10 degree's over this way . For me two small splits E/W with 3 Eco Bricks N/S on top of that & then 2 decent sized splits E/W again & I'm good for a long time . It just feels so much better when it gets colder outside !
  4. NH_Wood

NH_Wood Minister of Fire

Loc:
    southern NH
    No significant snow in our forecast for this week Backwoods - just some minor snow showers by the look of things, but we'll see. Looks like after tonight, things warm up again. Stay warm my friend! Cheers!
  5. Flamestead

Flamestead Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    Windsor County, Vermont
    Just hit 8* here, so it is coming your way!
  6. Doing The Dixie Eyed Hustle

Doing The Dixie Eyed Hustle Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Ridge, LI, NY
    And that's a damned good place for those temps to be. Had enough of that last year.

23F here, both stoves running on minimum, and we're @ 75F. Hell even the hard to heat area is at 70F. I'm damned happy :)
  7. Mrs. Krabappel

Mrs. Krabappel Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Blue Ridge Mountains NC
    I haven't even had a chance to run this stove through it's paces. There have only been a few mornings where the chicken water is frozen, including last night.
  8. hossthehermit

hossthehermit Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Maine, ayuh, by gorry
    4 degrees here right now, 4:32 am