12* and dropping!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

NH_Wood

Minister of Fire
Dec 24, 2009
southern NH
12* right now and supposed to drop to 10* tonight, but can't see it staying that warm with about 10 hours to go before things might start to warm a little. 73* in the house and the Manny is purring on a load of beech and oak. Will start to burn down the coals at about 9:30 to get ready for an 11pm overnight load. Hoping to wake up to a house in the upper 60's. Hard to wake up to a house in the 70's when we get to the near single digits (the Manny is heating 3000sqft). Real nice walking by the stove and feeling the heat pouring out! Stay warm everyone! Cheers!

Stay warm!! You know the weather guys will be off. 23* here, and they say its going down to 24, so there pretty close so far :) I expect it to get into the high teens as it did last night. I reckon I'll be getting up at least once to feed the stove. Have a good night. Enjoy the nh weather, am I hearing snow later in the week.... :bug:

I just read both of my outdoor thermometers & it's 10 degree's over this way . For me two small splits E/W with 3 Eco Bricks N/S on top of that & then 2 decent sized splits E/W again & I'm good for a long time . It just feels so much better when it gets colder outside !

Backwoods said:
Stay warm!! You know the weather guys will be off. 23* here, and they say its going down to 24, so there pretty close so far :) I expect it to get into the high teens as it did last night. I reckon I'll be getting up at least once to feed the stove. Have a good night. Enjoy the nh weather, am I hearing snow later in the week.... :bug:

No significant snow in our forecast for this week Backwoods - just some minor snow showers by the look of things, but we'll see. Looks like after tonight, things warm up again. Stay warm my friend! Cheers!

And that's a damned good place for those temps to be. Had enough of that last year.

23F here, both stoves running on minimum, and we're @ 75F. Hell even the hard to heat area is at 70F. I'm damned happy :)

I haven't even had a chance to run this stove through it's paces. There have only been a few mornings where the chicken water is frozen, including last night.

Status
Not open for further replies.