12 V insert fan - Anyone got one?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

oconnor

Minister of Fire
Nov 20, 2005
Nova Scotia
Not that it happens often, but when the power goes out, I run the fan off a battery and inverter. I've been wondering lately about looking into a 12V powered fan that would fit my insert. It would make speed adjustment easier than when using AC power, and eliminate the inverter in a power outage. Downside would be having to use an AC to DC converter the rest of the time to run it.

Has anyone fitted a 12V system to their insert? What did you learn or discover?

To much work for how often it usually happens. If the power goes out I just grab the boat battery and the inverter and bring it in the house.

If the power goes out I just grab the boat battery and the inverter and bring it in the house.
If I didn't have a small generator for such power emergencies, I'm sure that's what I'd do too.

Status
Not open for further replies.