15, 30, 45’s? Options? Pics if you have them.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Aquaelvis

Mar 5, 2021
N Idaho
So I need to angle my stove pipe back to avoid a ceiling joist. I think I’ve decided on Excel pipe. What I need to figure out is how I want to lay this out. I want to try to come out of the top of the stove with 12 inch pipe, then to a 30 or 45 then up. I don’t think 15’s would give me the offset I need. (need to do a little more math on that so it’s possible) I could do 15’s with a longer pipe, etc.
I’ll have about 56 inches to work with between the top of the stove and the ceiling box. (I guess 53 if I let the box hang down 3 inches like I’ve read it needs to)
I only need to go back 5-6 inches.
Anyway, how do you guys figure out your pipe lay out? where you put your elbows, how much space between, how high up they start, etc.
Please post any pics you have of stove pipes that job back a bit. Very hard to find pics of that online.

Start with the offset tables provided for the stovepipe. Back to back 45s should put you in the ballpark for a 6" offset.

Start with the offset tables provided for the stovepipe. Back to back 45s should put you in the ballpark for a 6" offset.
with no center pipe the offset for 45 is 5 inches. The 30’s are 3 Inches.
if I added a 6 inch pipe it brings the 30’s to 5 inch offset.

Obviously the 30’s would flow better. But what would look better?
i can’t believe I’ve had such a hard time finding pics online.

15, 30, 45’s? Options? Pics if you have them.