16 versus 76

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shari

Minister of Fire
Oct 31, 2008
Wisconsin
Well - just a weather report:

16 °F outside.

76 °F inside.

Wohaa!! ;-)

Shari

I hang my head in shame as I only have a 50 degree delata right now. 26 76

Rockey said:
I hang my head in shame as I only have a 50 degree delata right now. 26 76

:)

Since this is our first full season of burning (we started 2/10) I'm wondering, as they say, "How Low Can We Go" without using our furnace for backup without stoking in the middle of the night?

Maybe I will turn the furnace on tonight - set at around 60 °F.

Shari

I'm 22 versus 75, so you've got me beat - but....I'm not complaining to much! Cheers!

Yeah shamed her too. It is relatively balmy outside right now. 29 degrees at eight o'clock and windy as heck. House is seventy four downstairs and seventy one upstairs. The outdoor cat's basement is sixty two with a small fire in the F3. The big boy has been down to coals for hours so it will be time to load it up for, what for us is a January night, soon.

28 in SE michigan, 78 inside. Too hot for me

Shari said:
Well - just a weather report:

16 °F outside.

76 °F inside.

Wohaa!! ;-)

Shari

21 outside

77 basement

71 main floor

Burning cherry so far but we pushed in some sugar maple today for some higher btu's. Shari the last delivery of oil for us was Jan. 09.

zap

I picked up a Cen-Tech IR thermometer. Most of the room is around 80. My wife is only at 60....

Backwoods Savage said:
I picked up a Cen-Tech IR thermometer. Most of the room is around 80. My wife is only at 60....

I may resemble that remark! :lol:

News flash..... this just in......22 out, 70 in and climbing.
Wife fell asleep in one of the recliners last night. She's still there.
I slept in the spare room, and the dang dogs STILL found me. Nearly crowded me out. It was a 4 dog night.

Status
Not open for further replies.