1977 vc resloute

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

davidb

Hearth Supporter
Mar 23, 2008
upstate, new york
I was thinking of installing a 1977 resloute parlor vc. is there any thought of good idea or bad. my house was built in the late 1960's. i'm now burning a alaska coal stove and tired of the coal dust. i can get alot of wood. i work for the highway dpw . i really want safety for my family. if someone one could give me a heads up on this stove that would be great. the stove i can get for free from a friend. it is alittle rusty be in good shape. my house is about 1800 sq ft. i orginal was looking at a olympic by avalon but wow are they expensive.

The resi is a decent stove - but if you have a tight budget, I think you will be much happier with a steel stove that passes the new EPA specs. You can dig around and find something slightly used...or even some new closeout or specials. Even Avalon has a nice stove that is less than $1000 (or about that) new. You can dig around for Englanders or Century or Drolet/Napoleon - also reasonable stoves. Look around on eBay and Craigslist.....

Parts kits for the resolute are also out of sight expensive right now. VC is having a bad year and has jacked up the pricing on parts to more than double on many things.

Status
Not open for further replies.