1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

1977 Vermont Casting Vigilant oval to round pipe question?

Post in 'Vermont Castings & CDW Dutchwest older Models' started by 77VermontCastingVigilant, Nov 23, 2012.

1. 77VermontCastingVigilant

77VermontCastingVigilant New Member

hi all, i have a 1977 Vermont Casting Vigilant that i need to get a pipe for the stove top oval to 7" round. do they make that pipe? and where do i find it?

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. Kenster

Kenster Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Texas- West of Houston
    The Vig was made for an 8 inch pipe. A seven might work but I'm not sure where you'll find an adapter.
  3. 77VermontCastingVigilant

i have use this stove with a 7" pipe for a few years now and works well.. reason i need it to be a 7" pipe cause of the flue going through the wall to the block chimney is 7"... i had made a oval to round pipe to go in to the 7" pipe with a damper then a 90 to heasd out the wall but i wanted to change the oval pipe cause of it was getting unsafe so if i could find a place to buy the oval to round 8" and then add a 8" to 7" adapter then rund the 7" pipe with damper to the 90 then about 2 foot long 7" pipe out the flu in the wall that should work... so my problem is finding the oval to round flu pipe that goes on the stove.. cant find it anywhere around here...
  4. Lowellmotel

Lowellmotel New Member

Loc:
    SE Ohio
    just google "wood stove pipe 8" oval to round" and you will find it all. Single, double, etc... First one I found was $37. If you just need single wall, easy to make yourself...
  5. 77VermontCastingVigilant

i have seached all over the net for one.... the oval end on my stove isabout 10 3/4 to 8" round.. cant find any
  6. Lowellmotel

Lowellmotel New Member

Loc:
    SE Ohio
  7. 77VermontCastingVigilant

thanks for helping but the 9 3/4 would be to small.... the oval end is 10 1/2 x 5 3/4, if there is no 7" on the round end then i can use the the 8" round