1983 hearthstone stove 44,000 btu's Any thought on this stove?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

lazeedan

Feeling the Heat
Dec 14, 2006
SW Michigan
I am looking at this stove to buy. I have a 1500 square foot ranch. I would be putting it in front of an existing fireplace in the center of the house. The owner of the stove claims it was only used a couple of seasons. The stove seems pretty comparable to the newer ones. Is there anything I should know or be looking at?

Thanks,
Dan

I also have a Hearthstone II 1984 model. Ours was used less than 20 times, my wife's a neat freak and couldn't hack the "dust" on cleanup. So it became a dried plant holder!. It does have the ashpan and the enamel is absoloutely like new. We'll be asking $900. Ours is mahogony in color.

Status
Not open for further replies.