1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

1984 Vermont Castings Resolute with Coal Kit Installed

Post in 'Vermont Castings & CDW Dutchwest older Models' started by GJUL, Feb 16, 2013.

1. GJUL

GJUL New Member

I've been searching for quite some time for info on my 1984 VC Resolute with a coal kit that I've been burning wood in. Does anyone have some knowledge about the designs in 1984 of the Resolute?

* was the coal model manufactured differently than the wood burning model or was a kit simply added.
    * If a kit --- what parts make up the kit so I know what to remove from the stove.

Sure would like to get more than 2 hours burn time!

Thanks

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. GJUL

GJUL New Member

3. defiant3

defiant3 Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    No. NH
    the RIGHT INSERT, LEFT INSERT, and ASHFETTLE are removed from the firebox to accomodate the coal kit, so if ya' don't have them you'll need them.

Keep removing parts until there is only fireback with the damper assembly left. Woodman's parts plus or grahamthestoveman.com will have those parts, not all of them are made any more.
  4. GJUL

GJUL New Member

Thanks. I assume the intent for adding the coal kit was for the grates to be removed anytime wood would be burned and the grates replaced to burn coal?
  5. defiant3

defiant3 Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    No. NH
    Well you CAN burn wood in a coal stove, but it's not ideal.
  6. LordStanley

LordStanley New Member

Loc:
    Phila
    I know I'm a little late to this party, but I wonder how you made out with your effort to remove your coal kit and if you still have it.

Thanks, wlr...