1st problem with Enviro Omega

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

westcafe

Oct 5, 2008
central, ma
Went to check on stove this am and found the burn pot full of pellets burning, but the mechanism that turns in the burn pot was not turning and the pellets had built up to the shoot so no more could come down and they were starting to catch on fire in the shoot. We turned off and cleaned the burn pot thoroughly. We opened up and found the small metal shaft with the chain on it in the back had snapped near the motor. We clean the stove frequently even though we don't really need to, but we are being overly cautious so things like this wouldn't happen. any ideas or help would be appreciated. It seems to us that this is a defect. We bought the stove in August and have only been using it since November. thanks for any help!

I hope that I explained this problem ok, because I see a lot of you have looked at my post and have not replied.
Is that mechanism that is not turning called the lower auger? There was nothing jammed in there at all so we can't figure out why the metal shaft broke. We have been burning pellets that are no bigger than 1/4" . We have never found any clinkers in the burn pot either. Please any ideas would be helpful.
ok searched and searched this forum and the part that broke is the the mechanism that turns in the burn pot(self cleaning agitator) Does this help?

I had a similar problem with my Omega in that the chain would keep falling off. This was happening because as the cleaning bar rotated in the burn pot, it was making contact with the burn pot and causing the chain to become tight. This would then cause the auger motor to move, thus loosening the chain. It looks like on your, the auger motor was secured too tight and instead of it moving, the shaft broke instead. This should be covered under warrnety. To fix this problem on mine, I ground down some of the metal on the cleaning bars so that it wouldn't come into contact with the burn pot.

installed the new auger last night and the chain seemed to be ok. We could not see or hear the cleaning rod hitting the burn pot. We checked again this am and is still not hitting, so seems as though we are ok. Thanks for input. Deb

I guess that I should not have been so quick to say that I fixed the problem because the chain came off again yesterday. Time for a service call and get this sorted once and for all. This must be happening to other Omega's out there.

Emailled the dealer over the weekend and when I called on Monday, he had already heard from Enviro. They are going to replace the burn pot agitator and bushings. Seems to me as if they had this problem before. Maybe this could have been what caused your shaft to break.

Status
Not open for further replies.