2.5 k for wood stove and install

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mrs. Krabappel

Minister of Fire
Hearth Supporter
Jan 31, 2010
Blue Ridge Mountains NC
~180/mo for truck to haul wood

Friends who invite me over for dinner after work and load my truck with wood for my stove......Priceless!

For my last physical my doc told me "a woman of your age %-P should start an exercise program with a weight bearing component."

Tonight when I was winging heavy splits off the truck I'm thinking "don't worry doc, I got it covered."

~*~Kathleen~*~ said:
For my last physical my doc told me "a woman of your age %-P should start an exercise program with a weight bearing component."

Tonight when I was winging heavy splits off the truck I'm thinking "don't worry doc, I got it covered."
Give us a full body shot, we'll be the judge if your getting enough "wood" excersize!

nah, you just get to drool over the wood

~*~Kathleen~*~ said:

So true, says she who has another cord to divide & stack into "useable" & "next year".

Boy, can I relate! Getting fit is nice but I've got an overly tall dolly that I hauled big rounds on last year - this year, being more 'fit & trim' than last year I almost don't have enough weight behind me to tip the dolly!

Seriously - I started this wood burning journey due to necessity (too many medical bills for hubby combined with heating costs - something had to go and it wasn't going to be the medical bills). Hauling, moving, splitting, stacking etc. is great exercise for hubby and myself. After all, what else are you going to do with your time when you are retired and have no money to do anything else? :)

Shari

~*~Kathleen~*~ said:

The last time I had a physical, the doctor told me I had to take up a sport of some kind. So, I started playing chess. Most of my exercise comes from walking around looking for a place to sit. Tis all I need.

All joking aside, putting up wood and even having to tend the stove during the winter months does give most of us some excellent exercise. I do admit that sometimes I miss the splitting I used to do in the winter months....but then every time I start that hydraulic splitter and after about 2 logs I am thanking God for that wonderful beast. I still get plenty of exercise from the cutting, hauling and stacking. I'm almost ready to begin the annual putting up of wood.

Shari, I can relate to that. Well, maybe with the exception of the lack of weight....

~*~Kathleen~*~ said:
~180/mo for truck to haul wood

Friends who invite me over for dinner after work and load my truck with wood for my stove......Priceless!

Good stuff. Wish I had better friends, like yours. My friends all say, "Why are you splitting all that wood? Did your furnace go out?"

~*~Kathleen~*~ said:

I'm getting visions of those woodchucks on the Geico commercial! Seriously, those are some good friends to have that take care of you like that. I was down in the Nantahala and Pisgah National Forests and the Great Smoky Mountains backpacking during spring break in the late 70's. Real nice country!

Wait...so they feed you, give you wood, and load it for you ???? Where do I find some friends like this ????

Kathleen, definitely good friends to have, and,..you've got a nice smile. I've got gloves just like that. Those splits look familiar too.......WAIT A MINUTE. Are you in my driveway?
I think Dennis did stand up in another life. I now need to clean coffee off the new laptop screen.

All Warm and fuzzzy is priceless!

The last time my doc talked to me about exercise, I invited him over to "try and keep up". He didn't take me up on that.

Just curious if your "friends" that give you the wood and feed you are "single" fellows?
Looks like you have a good thing going there!

~*~Kathleen~*~ said:

You look young to me, and a full body shot would be nice. :cheese:

:lol: they are great and generous friends. An extended farm family. I also get apples and peaches in season. I think the wood it might be locust.

It is lovely here-I'm close to one end of Pisgah.

I'm an old harpy.

Thank you.

No.

My wife and I spend a lot of time in Monganton, Spurce Pine, and Newland NC area one the dirtbike trails. I think that is close to you. Having spent most of my life in a flat state I am loving the beautiful mountains.

Status
Not open for further replies.